Federal Politics

1 Like

A desperate attempt to keep oneā€™s snout in the trough.

2 Likes

If only the Government owned an airline they could use insteadā€¦

Another blow for the Morrison Government with Jobs and Industrial Relations Minister Kelly Oā€™Dwyer announcing today she will not recontest her seat at this yearā€™s federal election.

2 Likes

ā€¦ deserting a sinking ship?

2 Likes

Interesting to see some analysis on this on breakfast television this morning. I think it was Allison Langdon. They said everyone was anxiously waiting to see if Julie Bishop quits politics soon because then it really will be like the ā€œrats deserting a sinking shipā€. :joy:

2 Likes

It fits with that senator announcing heā€™s quitting & immediately being sent to Chigago.
Maybe the LNP are going for zero female representation, given they tend to only nominate them for the most marginal electorates :frowning:

ā€¦and alienate 50% or more of the Australian population? What a stupid idea that would be IMO!

1 Like

Agreed, but LNP female representation is already so low. Presumably this is a reflection of the ā€˜conservativeā€™ (backwards-looking to theā€¦'50s?) attitude to equality.

1 Like
2 Likes

Phwoar. I knew the implosion was coming, but not before the election. Thatā€™s Labor in power until 2025 then.

1 Like

Meanwhile, down in Gilmore, a marginal seat on the NSW South Coast which the Liberals held by 0.7%, where its sitting member Ann Sudmalis is resigning.

2 Likes

Yet again, a man stepping in to fill the shoes of a woman. The Liberal Party havenā€™t got a clue.

2 Likes

Wow :open_mouth:

still hearing rumours the election will be called this weekend sometime for the 2nd of march (i ahve heard rumours it will called on the 27th or the 28th mostly)

1 Like

3 weeks before the NSW election? I just canā€™t see it happening.

2 Likes

Agreed, I canā€™t imagine the NSW Liberals wanting their campaign overshadowed by that for the Federal poll.

2 Likes

if a federal election is called prior to 1 march, the nsw eleciton will be pushed back into april

1 Like

The federal Libs and the NSW Libs are at war at the moment though (eg over Mundine). But maybe itā€™s not just about Mundine? Just a thought.

1 Like

Perhaps the NSW Libs would actually prefer this? Get the carnage out of the way before the state election. It would probably improve their chances actually. As it stands the State election will be tarnished by their Federal counterparts.

2 Likes