Federal Politics

Really dislike Scott Morrison but he is better than Dutton. The extreme right didn’t ge ttheir way. Meltdown on Sky imminent.

5 Likes

Yep not a huge fan but anyone but Dutton makes me happy.

2 Likes

Bloody go to election next and let the public decide, get these fuckwits out!
This constant in fighting is beyond a joke now.

5 Likes

1st vote down for Malcolm to end as PM:

45 to 40

stand by more to come, it looks like its a 3 way run off.

For some reason I have been gagged from making instant posts.

Anyway putting that aside, my number crunching was 1 off.

That would be Malcolm who probably abstained since there 86 people in the room.

Reports are the Julie Bishop will resign from Parliament but only once the election is called.

Reports are that Abbott is furious also as his pasty was pinned for the political assassination of a PM.

More news:
Looks like Frydenberg will be Deputy.

Here we go official confirmation.

Confirmation complete.

There was no loan gun man, this was a conspiracy by Abbott and his minions to use a patsy like Dutton to try and kill off a PM but Malcolm being the business man he is bought time ti get Morrison up.

The issue with Morrison is no one likes him outside of Cronulla.

In case tutrdul cant figure it out, Dutton is the patsy i.e.: Lee Harvey Oswald in this political assignation.

I would say that Morrison waits as long as he can to go to an election, it wont be in Summer so you looking at April as they cant do it in March due to NSW Election.

Does that necessarily mean though that some of those wouldn’t chose Dutton (as they have to vote), if they don’t like Bishop or Morrison?

The night-time Sky News line-up will be furious :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Considering he only got 40 votes I would suggest he didn’t get any more votes.

What has a pasty got to do with all this? Is he a big fan of bakery food?

No, just onions.

3 Likes

Although I’m not really a fan of Scott Morrison, thank goodness that hard right former copper from Queensland didn’t become the Prime Minister. The conservative commentators of News Corp and talkback radio will probably be in tears!

Either way, it wouldn’t be overly surprising if the Coalition become politically irrelevant for at least two terms after the next Federal Election.

3 Likes

Great Scott: Shock as underdog seizes Liberal power

Scott Morrison is new Prime Minister defeating Dutton, Bishop and Turnbull
https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/the-race-is-on-bishop-to-run-turnbull-out-as-showdown-nears/news-story/5b48d2f4fa017cc30c93a301746f469d

Because of the wafer thin margin and arguably upset winner from the ballot, is it true the Governor General or somebody can do something/disagree is they believe government instability still or it might get worse?

Antony Green and Mark riley essentially saying that I think?

Also many saying Bill Shorten and Labor all but a shoe in.

I believe, I could be wrong, there would need to be a vote of no confidence from the other party. Then the Governor General can step in.

1 Like

I’d wouldn’t be surprised if Dutton loses his seat at the upcoming election. I don’t think the locals will appreciate his antics over the last few days.

4 Likes

We don’t know if Turnbull will resign as an MP yet. He might stay under Morrison.

He said he would resign from parliament if the spill motion went through (i.e. the vote to declare leadership positions vacant, before the actual vote of who to replace them with).

Can’t really see Morrison chucking a lot of $$$ his way in the next campaign. He was lucky to win the seat in his last election. There was talks that if he had won the spill that the party would throw a lot of money in his seat. This was previously a safe Liberal seat but has continually shifted.

1 Like

labor will be in power after the next exlection:d so morrions leadership will be short lived

1 Like

I think Labor wanted Dutton not to win, correct? As he’s, as everyone’s mentioning, likely to lose his QLD seat and many other Liberal seats will no doubt be lost now too.

Apparently Shorten and Pliberszek are at a Cronulla hospital right now, campaigning and politicising :wink:

This would be a beautiful gesture.