Federal Politics

Living on the opposite side of the country to where our nation’s capital is also doesn’t help ( @squee and @WAtvVideos and other Perth-ians will now want to bash me)

I don’t wanna bash you :stuck_out_tongue: I’m a perth bitch. lol

Anyway this is so laughable I’ve never laughed so hard in my life today. I knew Malcolm would have been gone by end of week, however if they call a snap election under a new leadership “Dutton” I’ll be preying for a backfire, but then again, I don’t fucking like Bill Shorton.

Either we are fucking doomed… Doomed.

It would be interesting to see how Donald Trump and Peter Dunton will kiss. Since they are both similar in their policies.

1 Like

I am going to say something now that sounds down right loony but its something that is radical and should be looked at for a future Australia:

Western Australia needs to divest and remove it self from federation of Commonwealth of Australia and become its own autonomy state.

Of course that will never happen as the Commonwealth Government will never allow it to happen via a referendum.

As for me, I am about 3 hours away from Canberra (down the M5 (for those that don’t know what that is, its Motorway 5 which technically starts at Mascot (KIngsford Smith Airport) M5-East interchange to Liverpool where it joins the Hume Highway for me entering through Collector turn off heading south on Federal Highway Lake George) but I cant be bothered … its cold there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

nek minnit

1 Like

No doubt Bishop would be best chance against Labor/Shorten, but I think even that’s too late, would take a miracle surely for Liberal to win next election now? This week has made my brain hurt big time :open_mouth:

1 Like

The thing I don’t understand is that Turnbull really is just a dead man walking. No matter what happens, he’s fucked politically. Why doesn’t he just call the election and take the party (that’s basically forced him to give up all his small-L Liberal values) down with him?

He personally has got nothing to lose by doing that. He’s already very wealthy and could very comfortably retire in Potts Point or his farm.

2 Likes

Ok here is an update:

Dutton Camp only have 38 names on the list, Turnbull camp pretty much knows this, the 3 extra names from the 1st challenge are the 3 traitors that appeared as one and said they no longer have confidence in Malcolm.

That said, Dutton camp are claiming 10 more libs but they wont commit to be on the list, this has apparently pissed off Dutton Camp and word is “recriminations” will happen if Dutton someone looses the fight to have a challenge put forward, now you can take that as being his team of evil in the media will do their best to “name and shame” at least 5 of 10 that are not putting their name on the list during the next 2 weeks should Malcolm survive tomorrow.

To make matters harder for Dutton it now appears that Frydenberg will also enter the race for leadership which further dilutes Dutton.

As to why all of a sudden there might be up to 4 or 5 (if you include Abbott who will run, watch this space) is to prevent Dutton fro getting in as the current leadership knows its electoral death with Dutton in the PM spot as Malcolm will walk and take them down with needing th speaker to break a tie deadlock on the house of reps floor, should that happen then the GG can use his reserve powers to ask why the PM does not have control of the house of reps confidence.

On the labor side, expect big announcements should Malcolm be forced to walk for the seat of Wenthworth, they have some serious firepower ready to launch into that spot and SHE knows the area very very well and would have a very strong chance to win it.

No way, its been an awesome week and shows just how bad the worst can be.

they don’t have a fairy godmother in the form of Packer when Keating went on Channel 09 program in prime time 6:30pm ACA and buried John Hewson about how much GST it would cost to make a cake …

Remember: This is for the true believers …

No crocs on tomorrow’s front page

2 Likes

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

meet at perth traino in 24 hours and we’ll sort it out then, I’ll get my army of city rats on you boi lmao

2 Likes

I’d like to to propose a new system that will radically transform our democracy. Whenever a new Prime Minister is sworn in, every member of the Government has to buy AT LEAST 3 bottles of their favoured alcohol depending on their BMI - but it has to be bottles of swill brewed in that year - and store them in a cool, damp cellar. There, they will stay, until the party opts to remove said leader.

Upon a change of leader, all members of the governing party must drink their bottles. If it’s smooth and aged to perfection, I imagine the government can go to work the next day anyway and therefore so can the next PM. But if more than half the party room wakes up with a hangover, then I imagine the country did too, and everyone’s up for re-election right down to local councillors. No more Duttons. No more Rudd 2.0s.

Hopefully no right wing nutjobs, but who am I to overestimate my success?

2 Likes

I’ve heard worse. :rofl:

To be honest, I wouldn’t be trusting you lot with my legal issues. Like today’s media companies, you all would suck harder than a Hoover.

Solicitor-General’s advice

What a shame. Cannot believe this tool could be the PM.

Malcolm will try blow up the parliament. Bring on a by-election.

Stupid idiot Bronwyn Bishop said on Sky last night that they can hold off without a by-election as an election is due soon. Would need the cross-bench or speaker to break divisions.

43 signatures

Details of S-G’s advice now being read out - opinion does leave quite a bit of doubt.

It depends now on if Malcolm wants to show up in the house on the backbench and vote to support on confidence.

well she would know as she was a former (worst ever) speaker of the house.

depends on if the cross-bench want to blow up the house by voting with Labor, if its a tie then yes the speaker does have the casting vote.

1 Like

That’s interesting. I am watching ABC and they are suggesting the opposite that Dutton could be ineligible.

Got a massive update:

the numbers potentially are:

Dutton 39
Morrison 29
Bishop 15

It would then go to a 2nd run off and the 15 votes that Bishop has will go to Morrision

so that numbers in the 2nd run are:
44 Morrison / 39 Dutton

That would mean its PM Morrison by 2:00pm today with a Media Conference after he pays a vist to the GG with also the new minters in tow.

The compromise is Frydenberg will be Deputy leader of the Libs.

Of course … there is some talk that Dutton camp still does not have the actual 43 signatures to force Malcolm to keep his word.

Dutton camp is bluffing, Malcolm knows it.

Their are reports that Senator Sinodinos (who is on medical leaves due to cancer issue) is heading to Canberra to make it 44 signatures needed as he is a Malcolm supporter.

Bluff called, petition delivered.

Interesting. I’m preying for Morrison for PM, he’s the lesser of the evil between him and Dutton.

1 Like