Federal Election 2019 - Media Coverage

Clive Palmer has taken out a two page ad on the second and third pages of Melbourne’s The Age for the fourth day in a row. You all think that he’ll go the full week?
Not sure about other papers, but imagine its similar in those.

1 Like

Same with Daily Telegraph. I wish he’d stop throwing away his money and just give it to me. I would’ve sold him my vote for a reasonable price. The cheque would have to have cleared before I went to vote, though.

1 Like

If he employed that policy he’d have to pay his workers, he wouldn’t want that.

He spent $50million dollars on advertising. He could have just given $2 million to every person in Australia and he would have been elected prime minister. :rofl: It probably could have happened if he only gave everyone $1 million, to be honest and saved $25 million. :wink:

2 Likes

Last weekend, the Sunday Herald Sun endorsed the Coalition.

2 Likes

Four Corners on Monday

Ahead of Saturday’s vote, Four Corners has been documenting the unfolding campaign. On Monday the program will examine how the seat was won and lost and what that means for the future of the Liberal Party.

Would make more sense to air that episode before the election, not after

Bob Hawke has died. Will somewhat overshadow the election.

1 Like

I’ve noticed a subtle shift I’m editorial content (not opinion) in the Herald Sun the last month or so. I wouldn’t be so surprised if they read the mood of the Victorian electorate and begrudgingly endorse Shorten.

It wouldn’t be the first time the Sunday Herald Sun has editorialised for another side to the Herald Sun.

The result is the story though, they’ll be filming over the weekend.

1 Like

And in 2016 the Sunday Age endorsed Labor while the weekday masthead endorsed the Coalition

3 Likes

As sad as his passing is, it is likely to give the Labor party campaign a boost.

3 Likes

It will be interesting to see the results on Saturday

1 Like

Obvs.

1 Like

SBS promo:

Graphic:
3 Likes

Hardly surprising but The Age has endorsed Bill Shorten as Prime Minister.

1 Like

ABC News:

If you are overseas on election night, you can watch our #ausvotes coverage here:

The stream will be available worldwide on election night.

The last paragraph of The Australian’s editorial.

A portion of The Sydney Morning Herald editorial.

Although I suspect the answer is obvious, do we know who The Daily Telegraph is supporting?

Like their Southern sister paper, the SMH has supported Labor in their editorial.

The Coalition.

The final paragraphs of The Daily Telegraph editorial.

1 Like