Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

Yeah, that was the way you could get a genuinely fresh burger/patty before Made For You killed it.

2 Likes

I just had one of the free quarter pounders maccas are giving away today (available on the mymaccas app under rewards tab if you wanna grab one). I must admit I don’t eat maccas very much and I am sick at the moment (so have a raging metabolism and would pretty much eat anything!) but I did enjoy the burger more than usual. There must be something in the new cooking method.

1 Like

All this GST talk, it’s like the birthday cake all over again!

3 Likes

Kids these days will never experience the convenience of having burgers in the warmer ready to go. About 15 years ago, you only ever had to wait on a grill. Last night took me over 10 minutes just to get a Quarter Pounder, but can taste the difference since these new changes.

I worked at Maccas from 2000 to 2004 and i’d load up the warmer with about 20 Cheeseburgers, 10 Big Macs, 5 Quarter Pounders, 2 Double Quarter Pounders and 2 McOz, which from memory was the only burger that cooked its onions on the grill, all the other burgers had onions at room temperature. Nowadays, i’m not a huge fan of the burger patties sitting in the holding trays on their own.

2 Likes

“Cheese on 5 Mac’s?”

1 Like

went to hungry jacks for breakfast this morning and noticed they had a few self serve machines - looked like big ipads hooked up with eftpos machines. they are card only.

1 Like

7 Eleven has teamed up with Hungry Jack’s for the first time in WA. 7-11’s latest store opens in Carlisle this week alongside HJ’s on Orrong Road.

This development has been quite controversial as it replaces an old IGA supermarket which had become run down because management weren’t able to do any upgrades because they were on a month to month lease.

The local council voted against the new outlet, yet the developer went above to the state administrative tribunal and got approval.

Interesting development as HJ’s usually teams up with Shell/Coles Express. There is another HJ’s being built nearby which includes a Shell service station.

1 Like

I’m unsure if I’d considering this teaming up as they are just sharing the block and some connecting driveways, the stores are completely separate to one another.

They would have teamed up to apply for the redeveloped site. Anyway it is an interesting combination of outlets.

A journalist at Lifehacker taste tested KFC’s Secret Menu. He thought the Kentucky Slider was ok, but had this to say about the Kentucky Snack Pack.

That’s how I remember the two favourite plates I ate about eleven years ago now. Looked disgusting but was edible ( … then ten minutes later I threw it all up and was sick for three days).

1 Like

More of a flatbread / pita than a slider.

Has anyone ever tried Ribs And Burgers (www.ribsandburgers.com) in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth or here in Newcastle?

Just had a Chicken BLAT and it was very nice. The fries were a bit bland though.

1 Like

Yes, have had food from there on numerous occasions. The Perth City one is really nice, has a good vibe with a DJ playing at night in the precinct. Burgers taste great still need to try the ribs though.

1 Like

It’s okay, but typical chain fare. Slightly better than grill’d.

1 Like

I don’t mind the Snack Pack, we’ve got that a few times. I did quite enjoy the Chipster Twister when they had that, was like a Twister with Supercharged sauce and chips. There was also a Beesechurger too which was a fillet, cheese, mayo, lettuce (I think) and the bun was upside down. Looked weird but actually tasted quite nice with the inverted bun.

There aren’t many options in there at the moment, the Nug-a-lot looks ok but hopefully they bring out a few more things again like what they had.

What is the point of the ‘secret’ menu? I don’t get it. Is it to encourage people to use the app? OR are they just trying to be like In-N-Out in the US thinking it will generate some buzz of people want to go in and try these secret items?

This.

1 Like

100% it’s too drive downloads of the app.

2 Likes

Remember when Maccas (up until a few or 5 years ago) used to have 3 different coffee options:

-“Pronto” machine (instant Capp, F/W, Latte like 7Eleven push button, quick).

-Black coffee (old fashioned American drip pot)

-McCafe barista made (the only one remaining?)

And this video is HILARIOUS :crazy_face::joy::
https://youtu.be/Ed9mxwEPniA

1 Like

I had a single parma burger from Red Rooster for lunch today. It was pretty tasty.

2 Likes