Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

A terrible rip off of the name of my local shopping centre that’s been called Southpoint for well over 30 years…

Made for You 2.0 basically.
Good move though, MFY was somewhat of a cop out as all it did was have the ingredients sitting around in holding trays rather than assembled and waiting. This will really ramp up the wait times in poorly managed franchisees though.

2 Likes

I think they’re focusing on the correct idea. Every Maccas burger I’ve had recently has been dry compared to what you’d expect with a regular burger. Having the patties sitting in a warming tray is a pretty crap idea.

1 Like

just an fyi carls jr here in ballarat the buggers are really nice:) after having maccas and hungry jacks , i would much rather have carls jnr

1 Like

Yeah i seem to recall when i worked at Maccas most employees would reset the timers, so god only knows how long meat has been sitting in that warming tray.

1 Like

Just tried a Big Mac for the first time since they implemented the new cooking method. Yup, definitely juicier and tastier as advertised. Not dry and caked in grease (on the outside of the patty) like they usually are.

3 Likes

Good to know. I will have to try it for lunch one day this week.

Great to hear they’re friendly, what’s the food like?

2 Likes

The bit that worries me is when they say extra of the sauce, they’re already having enough trouble keeping it in the burger as it is. I hate too much sauce with it.

3 Likes

I agree, too much sauce can ruin a burger.

Even it’s a nice sauce, I don’t like it when sauce goes everywhere.

2 Likes

really really yummy:) my fav is the Guacamole Bacon Angus Burger its nice:)

2 Likes

Sounds good, will have to try a Big Mac on Monday, hopefully it will no longer be served half cold anymore.

2 Likes

I tried a Quarter Pounder today, and the new cooking method certainly brings about a noticeable improvement.

Definitely hotter, juicier and tastier as the ad says.

1 Like

Yep, had one today as well for the first time in a long time. It reminded me of a freshly cooked “grill” order from back in the day. I could even taste the salt and pepper seasoning! Definitely a move in the right direction.

2 Likes

I just came across this article which appeared in SMH at the weekend.

Do you think GST should apply to a wider range of takeaway food?

GST should apply to everything, with appropriate adjustments to support payments and the tax free threshold to adjust for it.

Short of that, maybe don’t have hot dogs in two minute noodles be a tax free meal…

3 Likes

I have to agree, it’s too confusing and would make administration so much easier for businesses and the ATO in having a more uniform tax treatment of food.

And the related income taxation adjustments should be largely aimed at the lower end of the tax scale.

I think salad should be left out of GST, especially the pre-made packs that are made from vegetables and are sold at supermarkets.

Brioche buns are definitely a can of worms for the GST - they are pretty well almost a cake in terms of its ingredients and sugar/fat content, but I imagine do not attract GST.