Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

Seems like the outage is not limited to Australia, McDonald’s stores in several other countries are also affected.

But what about a credit card? :thinking: :joy:

Cannot use that as well.

Bugger.

Yep… :face_with_head_bandage:

Also relevant frame:

Widespread it seems…

2 Likes

More awks for Maccas, they’re a major sponsor of Seven’s AFL (I think Fox Footy’s too and the AFL itsself), lots of ads tonight, but uh… :man_shrugging:

There is this thing called cash that we used to use.

1 Like

Key word. “Used to”. Nobody under 70 uses cash anymore do they? lol

I still keep some cash in my wallet for occasions like this, $50 or so.

3 Likes

It is affecting the POS system, so even cash isn’t an option.

I would, but apparently some places aren’t accepting it and just closing down until further notice.

Did think I’d try to see if mine is still open and pay with cash.

Ah, never mind I guess :melting_face:

1 Like

i only really get cash out if i need to

What’s cash? Is it a type of card I can tap to access money. :man_shrugging: :joy:

News reports have the restaurants closed unable to serve any customers with the drive throughs closed.

It is a global issue impacting many several countries.

including Australia, New Zealand, the United States, the United Kingdom, and Canada

reported online in China, Japan, Canada, the Netherlands, South Korea and Germany.

2 Likes

Looking around, it appears that some restaurants are running cash, others have the POS system running, and some have shut down completely. Still a lot of issues and may be for a while yet.

Did someone say KFC?

1 Like

i actually feel like KFC lol

1 Like

I hope McDonalds have shut down all their food delivery services such as Uber Eats and DoorDash. What a disaster that would be!

2 Likes

just checking my local area, apart from 2 stores, maccas is not accepting orders

Appears you can still order, says they are still open… :woozy_face: