Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

That’s cool.

Would be good if they kept the original restaurant.

My body runs off McDonald’s and I’m still skinny and healthy. Everyone I know hates me for it. I should be the size of Jupiter but nope I’m still skinny me, same as I was as a teenager.

There was a story on ACA maybe 15 years ago about an old couple who had Maccas for lunch every day and they were checked out by a doctor and were completely healthy as well.

Some people get away with it :wink: Sorry to those who don’t.

4 Likes

Body weight usually works in calories and how many you consume a day. Eating a Big Mac for lunch (everyday) actually isn’t that much.

You can incorporate it into your base calories which is 2000 for females and 2500 for men as an average. I’d prefer a burger from the local takeaway or Grill’d then a Big Mac. Just eat less for your other meals to account for it as in many cases you would be eating more with the local takeaway than a Big Mac unfortunately. But so much tastier.

1 Like

Yes, it’s interesting on how a lot of people perceive what’s healthy and what’s not. Hard to believe a handful or nuts (give or rake) is the same calorie intake as a Big Mac.

Also, the salad with dressing is higher in calories than the burger option by itself.

I see Subway are using a cover version of the Supertramp song ‘Dreamer’ in their commercials.

1 Like

Interesting to see how Popeyes goes in Australia and even if they open here. Ive had it before when I was in the states and I did not think it was very good, KFC here is much better. Luckily work was paying.

2 Likes

They’re also opening in NZ too, must be part of some sort of Pacific rollout.

Great way to piss off your customers. Make them think they’re being ripped off at certain times.

Any update when Wendy’s was launching in Australia? Was it this year or 25?

Surely there wouldn’t be surcharge pricing. That would backfire. The idea works if there is standard pricing and then there are fluctuations which are more like sales to lure in more customers (or sell overstocked items), such as outside of certain peak times or on particular items on given days.

Baker Matt Aylett from North End Bakehouse in Shepparton claimed the two major awards at the Baking Association of Australia’s (BAA) Baking Show last weekend — winning Australia’s best hot cross bun for a third time and best vanilla slice for a second.

1 Like

They’ll launch in 2025.

1 Like

Hungry Jack’s launched its new Burger Bites this week. Has anyone tried it?

Here is the TV ad.

They look disgustingly processed.

1 Like

https://www.news.com.au/national/western-australia/wa-changes-law-on-takeaway-coffees-in-environmental-crackdown/news-story/fe85aa34b560c341f95e4c50a9db24d6

I’m all for the environment but I think this too far now. Quite often getting coffee is a spontaneous thought. I’m not going to carry a cup around with me all day on the off chance I’m going to stop by for a coffee.

This decision will harm cafes in my opinion.

1 Like

It also says…

“Cafes can instead use compostable paperboard cups, which are exempted from the ban,”

1 Like

Yes I did read it but still not really sure about the quality.

Given you are at the end of a 12mo transition period it’s likely that everybody has already been using fully compostable cups for quite a while now anyway…