Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

Went to Chicken Treat today and these are new… :doughnut:

The description is definitely accurate! Very crunchy on the outside but chewy like a donut on the inside, not dry, and they are quite addictive too: :sparkles:

4 Likes
1 Like

On Saturday July 1, KFC lovers can pick up the popular (Zinger) burger for just $1 by following a few simple steps on the KFC app…

KFC will then offer a new deal each day until July 11 for fans to enjoy. These bargain offers will include $1 Twisters, 30 nuggets for $10, as well as a $12 Double Zinger Feast, which includes two Zinger Burgers, 10 Nuggets and two sauces.

1 Like

7 Likes

Wow KFC cheaper than Maccas. I wasn’t expecting that.

When I used to get lunch over there KFC was much more expensive than McDonalds. Things have definitely changed in the last 20 years.

I will say that quality isn’t the same as it used to be. During my last visit there I wasn’t impressed with KFC which was disappointing.

A very interesting video about the 2021 Burger King rebrand by The WSJ:

1 Like

I went to the recently opened Marrybrown store at Melbourne’s Burwood One shopping centre on Sunday. There was a decent crowd at lunchtime with long queues for the self serve kiosk to make orders. I had the original flavour chicken burger with chips. The chicken was tasty but a bit hotter than the KFC original chicken fillet. I think it could be due to the different type of spices being used at the two restaurants.

I noticed nasi lemak was available so I would try it on my next visit.

It’s basically the old logo pre 1999.

It’s a very strange name for fast food. I read online that the name was chosen because it was perceived that it was a “simple name that has an international-concept, easy to pronounce and remember”. But the combo is odd. Marry brown?

A friend of mine who worked for an international company in Hong Kong told me all his workmates there had chosen Western first names to make things easier. So many of them were old fashioned names like Albert and Lawrence but also some misdirected people chose words that sounded good but were completely wrong like a girl who called herself Invoice.

4 Likes

Melbourne restaurant Calia, which has two stores in the city and another two in Kuala Lumpur, has gone into administration.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Supplier: I’m looking for an Invoice.
Company: Sorry, she’s not in today.
Supplier: Who’s not in?
Company: Invoice
Supplier: Yes, that’s what I’m looking for
Company: As I said, she’s not in today.

10 Likes

Hello Invoice, my name is Tax, we were meant to be together.

Oh well, i guess is better then being called Receipt.

2 Likes

Turns into a ‘who’s on first?’ sketch.

McDonald’s will have similar — if less bombastic — installations outside stadiums in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide, including interactive photobooths that print out personalised soccer cards.

3 Likes

I took a pic of this menu board at one of the restaurants at Crown Sydney.

$320 for a 500g steak! :crazy_face: If I could only have one more steak in my lifetime, that would be it!

2 Likes

These menu items are very good if a bit pricey, especially wagyu and angus steaks.

2 Likes

I wonder if you could just order some olives and ketchup? :joy: $14 dinner, winning

2 Likes

As mentioned on Have You Been Paying Attention? tonight

4 Likes
1 Like