Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

They need to seriously consider their prices and the quality of their pizzas. I would only ever buy pizzas from Domino’s if I had a coupon to dramatically reduce the price as their pizzas at full price are not worth it when there are much better options available at least in inner West Sydney.

They have a lot more competition from other chains. We have recently opened Crust, I :heart: Pizza and Arthur’s Pizza where I live. The Domnino’s toppings look really processed in comparison to others.

Dominos have prioritised speed over quality for some time

I don’t use coupons anymore as my experience has been that they put fewer toppings on them compared to if you pay the regular price.

1 Like

The compition is probably at its highest point it’s ever been in years. Where I am some one tried to open a Crust but it failed I think it was gone in 3 years.

I just saw a very short ad on YouTube from Pepsi (that I was half paying attention to) that had their logo next to the McDonald’s sign.

Surely it’s just another dig at Coke and not Pepsi being soon available at Maccas?!?

2 Likes

They maybe moving from coke to Pepsi, I noticed that the vending machines inside Westfield shopping centres are all Pepsi now.

Was it the new style Pepsi logo by any chance?

I’d be very surprised if they switch after Macca’s long ties with Coca-Cola, and there would certainly be an uproar.

Perhaps we could expect to see another Hot Topics segment discussion on Sunrise, like with the Potato Scallops/Cakes :joy:

I saw a similar ad to the one being described but with the Hungry Jack’s logo instead. It seems to just be part of their “Food tastes better with Pepsi” campaign they are currently running rather than some announcement of fast food chains swapping allegiance.

Here is the ad I saw:

2 Likes

Oh yeah…I remember seeing that a week or two ago, forgot about those!

I guess that’s Myth…

AVFv-min

Pizza Hut has introduced two new Garfield-inspired pasta pizzas with Mac’N’Cheese and Pasta Bolognese available online at pizzahut.com.au and for a limited time until Sunday, 16 July.

3 Likes

images

4 Likes

Well its no wonder Garfield is fat then! I imagine he’s getting a lot of free pizzas out of this deal :smiling_face:

4 Likes

This must be the worst collab we’ve seen in a while. I went to their website the other day to see what fun things you get with your ‘Garfield’ pizza… nada. Its just the flavours lol

New Garfield Inspired Pizzas And Lasagna To Celebrate Feline’s 45th Purr-Thday.

A Cucina Classica Lasagna Plus New Flavours At Pizza Hut Revealed In New Paramount ANZ Consumer Products Partnerships To Celebrate Garfield’s 45th Anniversary.

This week Garfield celebrates 45 years of “cattitude” so to mark this major milestone, we are revealing a selection of new foods inspired by this feline’s favourite dishes.

Pizza Hut has introduced two new Garfield-inspired pasta pizzas with Mac’N’Cheese and Pasta Bolognese available online at pizzahut.com.au for a limited time until Sunday, 16 July.

Plus, Cucina Classica are launching a Garfield Classic Italian Lasagna Ready Meal available in supermarkets across Australia from mid-July.

These partnerships with the Consumer Products Team at Paramount Australia and New Zealand (ANZ) help fans embrace their own inner Garfield, who is still the most iconic cat in the business after 45 years.

2 Likes

They’ve even brought back the old jingle just to really make that promotion feel like it’s straight out of 1994.

1 Like

Schnitz is now making chicken nuggets.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtvdgYnsll7/

4 Likes

I enjoyed Schnitz during my visit to Melbourne - I hope we get more than just the one down in Belmont here in WA lol

2 Likes

Much of the savings are absorbed by adding extra cheese which only gets you to a level I expect.

Some of the ‘cheaper’ pizzas I’ve had with coupons don’t even have that - just sauce where the toppings should/would have been.