Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

It could potentially be a similar set up to the 3 KFC drive thru only operations in Australia, where you place the order on the app/website beforehand (maybe with an ETA pick up time)

We have one of those here in Newcastle.

Whilst I’ve never tried it, it must be pretty efficient as there’s never any sort of a queue there.

And it looks odd seeing all the drive thru lanes and very little store or car parking.

1 Like

Wyong (actually Tuggerah) McDonald’s used to have their party room upstairs in what I would basically call the attic lol

1 Like

Could be Yanchep of all places. Though they might be choosing places that isn’t flooded with a HJs , McDonald’s around every corner

I ate once there around 20 years ago when I was last in Frankston with my family. It’s now a single storey eatery next door to the head office of South East Water.

1 Like

Noodle Box has opened in Mornington next to where Red Rooster used to be.

Noodle Box? Is that a Melbourne thing?

Noodle Box are all over the country.

Not in Sydney. Not in New South Wales.

Oh interesting. Every other state bar NSW. And NT.

They definitely were once in NSW/Sydney, I didn’t actually realise they’d left. It has been a long time since I’ve seen a store though.

There is still evidence of stores online that use to be in Parramatta and Ballina.

It also appears they are re-entering the market in a bit of a random location:

1 Like

IIRC Noodle Box had a trademark issue in some states.

Benny’s American Burgers, which currently has four outlets in Adelaide, is expanding interstate, with a new store opening soon in Chapel Street in Melbourne according to this social media post.

2 Likes

That doesn’t look very appetising. The bun looks like plastic and the whole thing looks something that would fall apart all over you.

1 Like

Certainly a photoshoot burger, probably won’t look anything like that.

Usually a bad omen.
A number of venues have expanded from interstate into Melbourne via Chapel Street, and they’ve all done poorly. Jus Burgers (which went out of business completely in Perth last year) did this about 10 years ago.

They’re at an odd spot along Chapel though, which gets them a little bit out of the way of the main ‘foodie’ section of it - I dunno if that’s a good or bad thing - there’s not as much competition, but less foot traffic looking for food.

From BigFooty’s Logo Discussion thread…How on earth did this happen!? :frowning_with_open_mouth:

2 Likes

Are we sure that’s a legit image from HJ’s? And do we know the source? The website retains all existing branding… (and I did search for the other thread, but not sure where it was…)

I did an image search and it seems to appear on the thumbnail of a random YouTube in 2021 (and doesn’t seem to be in the actual video), but nowhere else… could have been a mock to get people to watch the video

1 Like

It’s an official logo. Got designed back in 2001 but was never used. Possibly due to the franchise dispute back then.

They should really update the logo to better match the current Burger King logo.

3 Likes