Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

I Love the old school signs too, and I also prefer original recipe.

It’s been a few years since I’ve had KFC though.

Warrawong can’t be too far away. All the signs are up on the building. The petrol station it is attached to doesn’t seem as far along though, so that may delay the opening.

Just tried 5 Guys in Melbourne, and it was bloody amazing!!!

1 Like

Speaking of Butler, Carl’s Jnr has submitted plans with the City of Wanneroo to build a store there. They’re keeping with their theme of opening stores in far flung places.

By that, do you mean Perth or Wanneroo?!

1 Like

More the preference for Carls Jr to open in far outer suburban or semi rural areas than inner suburbs or CBDs.

1 Like

It was more of a joke than a serious question.

1 Like

OK, so an update on this major fail from KFC. I’ve noticed over recent weeks that the drive thru at our local KFC is back to being packed regularly and spilling out into the street which is used to regularly do before they changed these burgers and then it dropped off by a massive amount.
Surprise surprise, when checking why the drive thru was full again it’s because the old items are back again - the fillets, the buns, the lettuce… it is all just like old times and it was so delicious having it back again. One bite and it was exactly as they had been.

Not sure when they ended the trial but judging by the comments on their Facebook pages at the time and comments around the place, it wasn’t very successful.

Even better news (although not for my weight management), Devonport’s new KFC is opening any day now. The homemaker centre now has Maccas, Subway and KFC which will be the second store for the city. There’s a massive development happening up behind there starting soon too with another Woolies and other stores and there was a survey about food stores to bring to there and one of the options which seemed to receive a lot of votes was Red Rooster - although that was before KFC went up there but as the proponents of the new retail precinct are from Sydney and seem quite successful, I wonder if there might be a new chain attempting to enter the Tasmanian market at some point.

2 Likes

And I thought the drive-thru queue at the Kings Meadows KFC was shocking!

1 Like

Haha. Haven’t seen too many big queues there but the worst thing about that one is getting into it when coming from the wrong direction! I hate that one!

2 Likes

I had a look on Google Maps / Street View to see what you mean, and oh my, there’s so many dead end streets there and no right turn lanes, you can’t even safely go around the block anywhere to get on the other side of the road.

1 Like

KFC I don’t buy all that often but it is usually a longer wait then at McDonald’s or even Hungry Jack’s it’s like the staff can’t multitask its very frustrating.

More to do with KFC selling the larger family meals and the like as opposed to generally a couple of burgers and fries at Maccas & HJ’s.

3 Likes

And that’s it’s pretty cheap for a family feed, compared to say other Asian/Middle Eastern takeaways.

Only pizzas really come close for value in that respect.

Totally! I’d really only get KFC on the way home because it’s in the right direction. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

KFC has always been a terribly long wait in the drive thru. I put it down to process or training, at least at my local one. Despite there being 2 speaker boxes, a payment window and a pickup window, only one car is ever served at a time. It’s ridiculous. They may as well get rid of both speaker boxes and go back to face-to-face ordering as it’s the same efficiency.

2 Likes

KFC= slow to serve, slow to digest…with a quick exit.

2 Likes

On the topic of KFC, is the Original Recipe Chicken always often soggy when ordered?

Because it had been a while since I last had it (usually go for the crispy six wicked wings) so I ordered it two weeks ago and noticed it was so decided to try a different location the following week just to see if there was a difference, and still the same result.

It tastes okay, but I’m curious if it’s a common occurrence for others here as well. :poultry_leg::thinking:

they are opening a drive though Grilled not too far from me (ive been told its the first drive though) and based on my past experience i expect they will have to pair down the menu, change the kitchen operations or suffer the same fate of massive queues

1 Like