Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

Popped by Hungry Jack’s Innaloo in WA today and had a chance to look at the recent changes made early last year that mimic BK’s newer decor style in the States. Very nice!

And while there hasn’t been much of the newer branding making an appearance lately, I feel the updated rubbish bin icon is enough indication that we’ll see larger changes in the near future:

5 Likes

Am I the only one who misses the old rotating Buckets that would be out the front of KFC restaurants up until the late-00s?

4 Likes

Agree. It’s the same with Red Rooster. The KFC Bucket and Red Rooster Chicken where iconic when you would enter a town or city. You don’t see McDonald’s removing their Golden Arches.

5 Likes

Nope. It’s a shame they stopped them.

3 Likes

I think they still have one of those buckets on top of the Queenstown location, but don’t think it’s spun for years.

1 Like

There’s one here in Melbourne.

Can’t believe I remembered this, but anyway

https://www.couriermail.com.au/news/queensland/gympie/hamish-and-andy-in-spin-over-kfc/news-story/2659136c11c8f28baf9bc9d8abf6ca09

8 Likes

Those people should be shot out of a KFC bucket shaped cannon.

3 Likes

Similar to Maccas though it’s $1 with the app - offer currently expires 5th Dec

Decided to check HJ’s trademark history to see if anything new was added, and there was! :open_mouth:

Above that was “Pop’n-Chick’n” which we’ve already seen, and “Dip’n-Chick’n”.

2 Likes

Jack’s fried chicken pieces are being trialled in ACT/Qbn/Goulburn stores at the moment.

4 Likes

Is it as bland as the pop’n chik’n? That tasted like balls of nothingness.

2 Likes

Like the KFC Mashies I assume?

is the batter not the appeal?

2 Likes

8 pieces! It’s been years since I had KFC chicken pieces, but then I struggled to eat 3. That gave me a borderline headache.

They are a lot smaller than your traditional Original Recipe, but bigger than a nugget.

2 Likes

went to taco bell drive though on Saturday night on my way home from an Australian baseball league game.

Half the drive though menu was not working so i had to ask if what i wanted was still available (naked chicken taco) and than i was left for ages in the line - probably a good 10 mins, to get cold chips (i suspect they portioned out the chips when i first ordered). at least the taco was ok

1 Like

Deliveroo to end operations in Australia

Food delivery service Deliveroo has announced it will end its operations in Australia, citing the company’s “disciplined approach to capital allocation”.

In a statement, the company said “management is committed to driving growth and delivering on its path to profitability while aiming to have strong, profitable businesses in each of the markets in which it operates, built on the foundation of leading hyperlocal market positions”.

The statement said:

In Australia, the market is highly competitive with four global players, and Deliveroo does not hold a broad base of strong local positions. In H1 2022, the Australian business represented approximately 3% of Deliveroo’s total Gross Transaction Value (GTV) and negatively impacted the Company’s adjusted EBITDA margin (as % of GTV) by approximately 30 basis points.

Working with the local Australian leadership, the Company has determined that it cannot reach a sustainable and profitable scale in Australia without considerable financial investment, and the expected return on such investment is not commensurate with Deliveroo’s risk/reward thresholds.

https://twitter.com/_rockrit/status/1592755742905626625?s=20&t=2pQNtkbuKfep5lwykVfQsw

Message to customers

https://twitter.com/FlipPrior/status/1592755077676437505?s=20&t=2pQNtkbuKfep5lwykVfQsw

5 Likes

Hope none of you had gift cards or credits to use!

1 Like

Deliveroo sponsored MasterChef Australia’s home delivery cooking challenge in the past two seasons, now the show will have to find another platform if the challenge is to return.

1 Like