Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

Plenty of services available to do that, namely Uber Eats.

1 Like

Oh no, Deliveroo is shutting down.
Now I’ll only be able to use Uber Eats, Menulog, DoorDash, or Pizza or Chinese restaurants with their own delivery guys. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

It’s funny, just a few days back I got an email from deliveroo begging me to come back and offering a $15 off my order. Obviously that offer was a lot more limited time than I’d expected.

All these venture capital apps trying to loss lead themselves to market share can only survive so long. Same thing will no doubt happen with the latest trend of apps for very fast groceries like Milkrun.

If your business model can’t support fair wages, it doesn’t deserve to survive.

1 Like

People out of work, restaurants left in the lurch, vouchers now worthless. But sure, tell us more about a production company needing to sign a new corporate sponsor in the next six months.

15 Likes

Try getting food delivery in a regional area, even if the business is only a 5-10 minute drive that we are used to driving each day. They would mostly not deliver that way because the food delivery companies think that regional and metro areas are the same.

New KFC has opened in Bendigo, next to Hungry Jacks and Bunnings at Lansell Plaza.

1 Like

I do sympathise with the 12,000 or so contractors who lost their jobs, and thousands of restaurants and cafes which had been affected by Deliveroo’s sudden closure.

Still shattered the old Pizza Hut Restaurant closed there.

1 Like

Yes, it’s a real shame about the lack of dine in Pizza Huts, I still fondly recall the “all you can eat” buffets and free drink refills.

1 Like

Ballarat is the only one left in Victoria these days.

1 Like

Yes, very sad. I remember going there and always eating until I was full. The building still sits abandoned but people use the car park for the pub across the street.

The new KFC is where the old Kangaroo Flat Library is, which has now moved away from Lansell Plaza. A sign that still says “Hungry Jacks < Drive Thru” is still there, and right in front of the KFC.

That is very good. Might go down to Ballarat and eat there.

2 Likes
1 Like

The self serve soft serve ice cream machines. The choc mousse. And the jelly slice. And chocolate buttons and sprinkles.

3 Likes

I guess delivery is what Pizza Hut makes most of their money with these days, hence why they decided not to open any new Dine in Pizza Huts despite people having Nostalgia for it. Especially because of the Pandemic.

1 Like

Domino’s have taken Pizza Huts crown in this country.

2 Likes

God they were my favourite parts of Pizza Hut. I remember going there with my family as a young kid. I wish it reopened, however if it did I doubt it would have all those things that made Pizza Hut special.

1 Like

The Pizza Hut at St Andrews, NSW still has all these things. It’s like stepping back in time. I think the only thing that has changed is a few of the pictures on the walls.

Yes that too, though i was never a big dessert person.

I took the family last week to Browns Plains in Brisbane which is also dine in. was not bad, but not great either. given what they charge ($20 per adult, $13 per child, with drinks on top) i’d rather go to the local pub that also has a buffet - its about $20 more but there is much more variety.

on another note, Hungry Jacks Mt Ommaney (western suburbs of Brisbane) is closing on Nov 28. I’m hearing a Zombero’s will take its place but i can’t confirm it

1 Like

Yeh they were clever because after all the pizza and endless soft drink, there wasn’t much room for dessert.

1 Like