Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

I’m surprised it took so long for the usual suspects in the media to report on the McDonalds Sprite No Sugar change. I was a little confused I noticed the change come in (quite a few weeks ago now) but I got over it. The sugar free actually tastes alright.

Tried it once and spewed up, flat water or nothing for me if that was the choice.

1 Like

Finally, a fast food restaurant that understands the other 10% of the market.

3 Likes

I don’t think “our burgers fit in one hand” is the marketing slam dunk that they think it is.

2 Likes

Agree, that implies to me that they are too small.

Burgers are meant to be eaten with two hands.

2 Likes

Good because this really is the slippery slope to getting rid of Coke. That’s what they really want.

If they wanna start doing that then there will be no more tips from me.

I’m already doing that. If they don’t advertise it upfront but slap a surcharge on the bill then we don’t tip. This used to happen on public holidays but it’s quite rude to do it on weekends too now. I thought businesses were paying their staff the same whether it was a weekday or weekend. Didn’t this change come in a while ago, across the board?

Plus, GST should already be included in the munu prices.

2 Likes

Also some restaurants have a far larger clientele on weekends so it is just pure profiteering.

Dominos have been doing that for a while. Deliveries have cost about $6 on a Sunday than they have on weekdays.

I went to McDonalds this afternoon and it seems that frozen cokes are now $2.

3 Likes

This is to drive MyMaccas app usage - they’re still $1 in the app for the next few months at least.

2 Likes

The large at 7-11 is now $1.50

1 Like

Looking at the amount of locations Pizza Capers currently has, it seems they’ve closed a lot of stores in their home state of QLD. Only 21 at the moment with hardly any in regional areas. 2 in ACT and 1 in Tasmania. They’ve certainly slimmed down.

I’ve found that some Crust stores are also selling Pizza Capers. I noticed on Uber Eats that Pizza Capers was listed as a store. There is a Crust store nearby with the same address that was listed on the Pizza Capers store in Uber Eats but the store doesn’t show on the Pizza Capers website. So they might be testing stuff out in some locations using existing Crust stores. The food came in Pizza Capers branded boxes but one time it did come in a Crust branded box.
I’ve only seen the store on Uber Eats not on any other food delivery app or on the Pizza Capers site itself.

Slowly dying off just like almost every other Retail Food Group owned brand.

Crust seems to be going ok stores are everywhere here in Sydney.

i like crust pizza fwiw

1 Like

new Macca’s being built in Woodvale, WA…

4 Likes