Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

McDonalds Monopoly began yesterday (August 31) and runs until October 18. The top prize is a Volkswagen Polo GTI hatch with a 5 year Care Plan. If you are into gaming there is also a World of Warcraft gaming pack up for grabs.

4 Likes
1 Like

Red Rooster has released some nostalgic merch on their online shop. Love the old school motto and logo!

Red Rooster merch

Red Red Ready – Red Rooster AU (redroostershop.com.au)

4 Likes

Still think Red Rooster changing its logo was a big mistake.

8 Likes

Just had the Dominos burger pizza range.

It was very nice. Who knew that gherkins on a pizza would be good.

1 Like

I always take them off my burgers. I would still do the same if they were on my pizzas too!

1 Like

“This is the first time that I’ve seen it happen. It could have simply been an equipment malfunction. It may have been human error.”

Mr Donald said there was no permanent damage to the network and thus would not be requesting the food delivery company to cover the damage.

A spokesperson for Wing, the company that operates the drone delivery, said a drone made a “precautionary controlled landing yesterday … and came to rest on an overhead power line”.

One way to keep the food hot…

4 Likes

As of September 30th 2022, despite renovations to both the inside and outside of the restaurant to add the newer logo, the old style Red Rooster “Entry” drive thru sign at Ballajura City Shopping Centre in WA lives on. :star2:

9 Likes

I quite like that sign, I think old logos/signs date well if they are designed well, which I think that one is.

7 Likes

It’s a very sad state of affairs down there at News dot com. :roll_eyes:

possibly, but it does frustrate me when the no sugar or “heather” options are the only things available - a prime example is the vending machines in hospitals. I have unfortunately spent a ton of time in various children’s hospitals thanks to special needs kids and sometimes a coke is whats needed but when they only have the sugar free stuff? no thanks. we are all adults, we can all make decisions on our health.

its especilly stupid for maccas to do this when there stock and trade is pretty much deep fried fat

when i was in uni the student guild signed an exclusive deal with coke and it took all the red bull and breka machines off campus and replaced with Mother and Barista Bros. That didn’t last long as the students let the guild know how we felt about that

2 Likes

I think it’s a bit daft they are forcing people into only being able to get the “Sugar Free” or “Zero” variations of drinks. I don’t drink soda anymore but I think people should be able to have the choice in being able to get the standard version with sugar or the “Sugar Free” version.

1 Like

This is the norm in the UK. Plus there’s an extra 10p or something charge for sugar drinks here.

Flavoured sparkling water is better than artificially flavoured and sugar loaded soft drinks.

I don’t know why there hasn’t been a bigger push for this alternative.

5 Likes

We aren’t all middle aged women who drink that and listen to Nova.

8 Likes

Also, GYG’s store at Swanston Street in Melbourne CBD (ground floor of Legacy building) had been closed since mid September for renovations, and would reopen in mid December.

1 Like

This has been the case for a couple months now and even more in some locales, surprised it took the usual suspect in the media to create a story around that. They likely did focus groups / market research that indicates they’ll have more interest with replacing a full sugar option with a zero sugar option.

Coke and Pepsi still treat it like a niche product, yet brands like La Croix are doing really well in the US. I suspect it will be something you’ll see eventually.

3 Likes

McDonald’s decision to drop regular Sprite from its menu even made it to Sunrise this morning.

1 Like

Tried the lime one at one point and thought it tasted like garbage. Will have to try the other ones