Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

Genuinely shocking to see a HJs that isn’t a total shithole.

6 Likes

It’s new, give it a few weeks and it will be a shithole

5 Likes

You haven’t seen shitholes until you’ve been to Burger Kings in the UK. My god.

1 Like

This prompted me to have a look at other stores online. Found this gem from William Street in 1977. It’s quite astounding to see how much of today’s design resembles past eras. The orange booth seats. The curved wood. If it wasn’t for the ashtrays you’d be forgiven for thinking this was a modern outlet.

Source: Lost Perth on Facebook

3 Likes

I feel like I’ve never seen the William Street restaurant as clean as that :joy:

1 Like

Haha… it’s incredible how everything (now) is usually based on a miss/match of past designs. Nothing in the 2020s seems to be original.

4 Likes

If anyone follows the Rate My Takeaway British youtuber … he has made it all the way to New York !

1 Like

Looks like a public toilet

Tried the Domino’s burger pizza yesterday - was pretty tasty tbh!

2 Likes

Domino’s doesn’t deliver to me we are 10.6km from the store , regional area and the other store called Rossco’s charges a whopping 15 dollar delivery fee.

I am a bit slow off the mark here but I had Guzman Y Gomez food for the first time today.

I had a burrito - chicken, mild. It was alright but tasted a bit dry, would have been better with a bit of sauce.

You can alter it with sauces

1 Like

Thanks, I wasn’t asked if I wanted any sauce, but I will keep that in mind next time.

I recommend the salsa verde

A new KFC kiosk opened at the food court of The Glen shopping centre this week (photo from The Glen website).

That means there are now two KFC outlets in the Glen Waverley area - the existing store on Kingsway near the railway station is staying open for now.

3 Likes

Interesting to see KFC stick to Food Courts as competitors exit them.

What? lol

Someone mentioned McDonalds Monopoly the other day. Is it usually around this time?

Yeah Sep/Oct. It must be coming - some page holder stuff popped up in my app the other day - obviously a glitch.

Looks like the teasers have just gone up on socials.