Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

I think the hours are updating in ‘real time’ as they are now Mon - Thu. I’d expect that’ll show Friday later. And then Sat/Sun as the weekend moves on.

Domino’s will be making and selling burgers from Monday. Saw a TV ad tonight.

3 Likes

Burgers also really need chips to go with them, not sure HOW Domino’s will make theirs, but if they plan to bake them in their pizza ovens, I can’t see how that can taste a nice as a freshly cooked beef patty on a stovetop/grill.

Domino’s have been doing chips for years. I find they are always soggy when they get to you though.

3 Likes

Thanks, never knew they did chips.

2 Likes

I would never. But my partner is from the UK and apparently chips go with pizza. :man_shrugging:

I know that Dominos had “sides” like various types of Garlic Breads and Chicken Pieces, but i didn’t know about the chips either. I know they have a “cheeseburger pizza”, but interesting that they seem to be going for actual burgers now by the looks of it.

1 Like

Hahaha mine too! Does yours go on about curry sauce for the chips as well? Or is that just me because I’ve married a northerner. :joy:

And cold!

Yes! We import the Harry Somethingarather chip shop curry sauce!

1 Like

It’s desperately overpriced, $25-30 for a meal. I know a lot of people who have been once for the novelty but never again (myself included).

2 Likes

Yeah it’s very expensive in the UK too.

It was always overpriced in the US, so when it inevitably made its way here it was a fair assumption that it was going to be significantly more expensive than equivalent local options. I can’t see them expanding too much further.

I’d also argue that it’s part of the reason why Shake Shack hasn’t expanded to Australia yet vs other markets across the Middle East and Asia.

Although to be fair, Grill’d is not much cheaper in Australia.

1 Like

Seems relatively on par pricing wise with the other premium burger places, like Burgertory, Betty’s Burgers and Huxtaburger.

The fancy name will probably draw some people in, but the location seems really poor so they’d be relying on people making a trip out of their way just to go there - which would mean being really good if they want those people to return a lot.

They seem to be going for a ‘not this way, that way’ Melbourne alley type vibe. In Sydney, that probably doesn’t work; you need to be a bit more obvious in showy, viewy Sin City.

So this was just a play on another burger flavoured pizza. Seems the media buzz was all wrong.

3 Likes

Yep. Burger flavoured pizza. Why the hype when we already have the “Double Bacon Cheeseburger” pizza.

The four new flavours are: Burger Joint Cheeseburger, Burger Joint Bacon Cheeseburger, burger Joint Hamburger, Burger Joint Bacon Hamburger.

3 Likes

so in other words a fail