Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

Or if DoorDash is in your area, their delivery range/area seems to be further then the others.

It’s a phonetic thing. “King” doesn’t sound like “Mac”.

3 Likes

Carl’s Jr also have a Big Carl burger which is sort-of similar to the Big Mac.

I had the Big Jack weeks ago and I found it to be okay. :sweat_smile:

I’ve never had it (haven’t eaten any Hungry Jacks in about a decade anyway) but going what I’ve heard from others who have, the Big Jack apparently just tastes like a Whopper without tomato, with HJ’s own special sauce and onion rings instead of minced onions.

Probably edible enough, but doesn’t sound like anything particularly special to me.

The burgers are better at Hungry Jacks :wink:

They’re better again at a REAL burger joint.

2 Likes

Yes - indeed. I haven’t had a real burger for so long. :drooling_face:

1 Like

Ah yes, a real old fashioned burger with the lot from your local milk bar with a can of drink, half a kilo of chips, and the owner’s first born for less than what you’d pay for a medium Big Mac (those burgers have shrunk!) meal with a fanta [/whirlpool]

6 Likes

Your milk bar owner was generous to pimp out his kids. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Has anyone heard of Rosie’s Chicken? They appear to be a franchise that operates in roadhouses, takeaways and cafes.

1 Like

Megan Jack indeed has 25% more beef.

3 Likes

Very common sight in roadhouses.

1 Like

It’s mainly a Victorian restaurant, but Japanese all you can eat restaurant Okami seems to be expanding at a rapid rate. According to their website there will be 12 new stores opening between August - December this year.

They’ve recently expanded into NSW by opening a store in Marrickville and will add another four and a store in the ACT by the end of the year while soon to be adding another six in Victoria.

I recommend them. Probably one of the best tasting Japanese going around.

Mawson is a strange choice. That’s boomer central.

Maybe the rents were too high in the hipster heavens of Braddon, Kingston, Manuka et. al. They’d also do OK in Bungendore; we don’t even have a sushi place here!

2 Likes

Haven’t been to one of their places yet, probably because they’ve been opening up far from where I live. I’d like to try them out for sure.

The first non-shopping centre based Taco Bell in NSW is opening soon at Albion Park Rail south of Wollongong

4 Likes

That location looks familiar. It’s not far from Oporto isn’t it?

Taco Bell will shortly open a new store at Roxburgh Park in Victoria. It has taken over a Red Rooster location.

Lots of closed Red Roosters lately I’ve noticed