Fast Food/Takeaways and Restaurants

I am keen to try the Dirty Rascal- but is it worth the 9 hours return trip for one @Radiohead?

I wouldn’t go that far for any burger … but I’m sure you could combine it with a holiday up the north coast and a bit of DXing etc.

The fine print on a menu at a Surry Hills cafe. You have to pay by card so everyone pays the extra 1.4% surcharge. Maybe they should just put the price of all the items up by 1.4% so the prices reflect the actual cost you will be paying.

Though I imagine the cashless only option is only temporary due to COVID.

Wonder if they also allow bill splitting via card too.

Does the surcharge appear separately on the bill?

No. You only see the total amount.

Gate Gourmet, which provides in-flight meals for Virgin Australia, has been holding a clearance sale of frozen meals in the past two weeks, as the result of reduction of domestic and international flights due to COVID-19. GG are selling 10 packs of meals at $25 until stocks run out.

It’s only for Brisbane and Sydney only. If it was available in Melbourne, I would have snapped up some for my workplace as well.
2 Likes

i brought 40 of them about 2 months ago. they were quite good, especially the Mongolian lamb.

2 Likes

Picked up 10 breakfasts when they did the first clearance run a couple months ago, was all the same meal (frittata / beans / sausage) but were very good.

Was disappointed it got MSM attention and almost immediately sold out accordingly.

1 Like

Dnata has a similar program in place along with their SnapFresh brand.

1 Like
3 Likes

A bit of an overreaction really… Just as long as it’s not somebody else’s fingers that you’re licking!

8 Likes

The cynical me says it’s just a clever marketing ploy.

1 Like

Yeah. They are redoing their advertising with the slogan blurred out. It’s absolutely a marketing stunt and it’s been picked up by news companies worldwide so their UK agency has probably earned themselves an extra Zinger burger.

3 Likes

COVID is probably the least dangerous health hazard associated with KFC.

4 Likes

It’s a battle of the fast food giants.

3 Likes

Called it!

2 Likes

There doesn’t seem to be a similar issue with the US equivalent Big King, so I’d be surprised if this went anywhere here.

I just want to make sure I get to try one before McDonald’s kills it, my nearest Hungry Jack’s is outside the delivery range - and 5.6km away!

1 Like

What about using a food delivery service? Like Uber Eats, Menulog or Deliveroo if you have those in your area.