Farmer Wants a Wife

Could she be the one?

Three farmers invite their prospective partners back to the farm

Tonight marked the start of the most romantic season of Farmer Wants A Wife on Channel 7 and 7plus, with host Samantha Armytage playing cupid to five new farmers, plucked from paddocks around the country.

With first date nerves in overdrive, Farmer Brad (32, Cootamundra, NSW), Farmer David (29, Pozieres, Queensland), Farmer Brenton (26, Darriman, Victoria), Farmer Matt (23, Bookham, NSW) and Farmer Andrew (41, Narromine, NSW) gathered in the picturesque Hunter Valley to meet the lady who could be “the one”.

From thousands of eligible single ladies who saw their profiles online, Farmers Brad, Brenton and Matt met their favourites in a round of speed-dating.

Farmer Brad was smitten with 31-year-old public servant, Corista: “That Corista! wow! Ticked a lot of boxes there. Corista’s got a lot of spunk about her. There’s definitely the connection there straight away.”

“Alice and I did have a really good energy and I think laughter and banter is the way to my heart,” Farmer Matt said after meeting the 22-year-old teaching assistant.

Speed-dating eight ladies in a day was overwhelming for Farmer Brenton, who said: “I’ve definitely had more dates today than my whole life. All the ladies are quite lovely, I might break down trying to pick my final five.”

After plenty of awkward laughter and stolen glances, the three farmers each invited five ladies back to their beloved farms.

Farmer Brad: Christina, Clare, Corista, Morgan, Natasha

Farmer Brenton: Breanna, Emily, Frankie, Rachel, Sophie

Farmer Matt: Alice, Annabelle, Chelsea, Madison, Olivia

Tomorrow night on Farmer Wants A Wife: Farmers Andrew and David meet their favourites and choose their top five. All five farmers head back to their farms with one lucky lady they’ve chosen to spend the first 24-hour date with. Turning on the country charm, they do their best to impress their dates with intimate dinners and romantic gestures.

Sowing the seeds of love

Romance heats up with first dates and first kisses

In tonight’s Farmer Wants A Wife on Channel 7 and 7plus, Farmers Andrew and David opened their hearts to love and invited their top five to the farm.

After choosing one special person for the first 24-hour date, romance blossomed in the country as each farmer did their best to woo the chosen ladies before the rest of the guests arrived.

Farmer Brenton and 25-year-old social media manager Sophie went for a walk along the beach before continuing their date fireside in a shearing shed. After Brenton confessed that he knew from the start he would pick Sophie for the 24-hour date, the pair kissed.

Farmer David showed his romantic streak when he organised a magical evening at a riverside cabin for 30-year-old recruitment manager, Elle. As the pair shared their first kiss under the stars, Elle said: “That was just adorable. That was one of the best dates I’ve ever been on.”

While planning a relaxing evening with, 22-year-old marketing assistant Chelsea, Farmer Matt said: “I really want to make Chelsea feel special because she didn’t feel like she was enough,” referring to their chat on the speed date in Hunter Valley. Matt’s plan worked, as their date also ended in a kiss.

Old-fashioned chivalry and a home-cooked meal was on the menu for Farmer Andrew’s date with 37-year-old mine truck driver Claire. The date ended with Andrew teaching Claire some ballroom dance moves.

In the past, Farmer Brad had to choose between the farm and love. So a special date with 31-year-old high school teacher Morgan was the perfect opportunity to share his passion for life on the land. Ending their picturesque sunset date with a kiss, Brad said: “hopefully, Morgan is falling, you know, for me as well as the farm just as much.”

The next morning, farmers and their ladies spent their final moments basking in the afterglow of their first dates before the rest of the ladies arrived.

At Andrew’s farm, the reality of sharing him with four other ladies hit home for Claire, who was distraught with the new arrivals: “I‘ve developed feelings for Andrew and the girls are my friends. I feel an overwhelming sense of guilt and I can’t shake it. So, I’d rather just take myself out of the situation. I think I’m ready to go home.”

The farmers invited the following partners to their farms:

Farmer Andrew: Claire*, Jessie, Kelley, Lucie, Maddison

Farmer Brad: Christina, Clare, Corista, Morgan*, Natasha

Farmer Brenton: Breanna, Emily, Frankie, Rachel, Sophie*

Farmer David: Elle, Emily, Emma*, Leah, Lorelei

Farmer Matt: Alice, Annabelle, Chelsea*, Madison, Olivia

*24-hour date winner

Tomorrow night on Farmer Wants A Wife: Each farmer is tasked to choose two ladies for a double date before sending one of them home in the first farm farewell.

Failed connections

Double dates and first departures

L> ove bubbles burst in tonight’s Farmer Wants A Wife on Channel 7 and 7plus.

As the newly arrived ladies explored their homes for the next six weeks, they couldn’t help noticing the connection the farmers had already made with their first 24-hour dates.

At the end of the first day on the farm, the farmers received a letter from host Sam Armytage instructing them to choose two ladies for a double date the next day, before making the tough decision to send one of them home.

“How do I feel being chosen to go on the double date? Ah, not stoked. Maybe I offended Andrew by wanting to go home yesterday, I don’t know,” 37-year-old mine truck driver Claire said after Farmer Andrew picked her along with 34-year-old dog trainer Kelly.

On choosing 26-year-old town planning administrator Breanna and 24-year-old Indigenous health worker Emily, Farmer Brenton said: “They’ve been a lot quieter than the other girls in the house. And during the cattle work today they didn’t want to jump in and get their hands dirty.”

The invitation to go on a double date with Farmer Matt hit Alice, the 22-year-old teaching assistant, hard.

“I’m just worried at the moment that I’m not going to be able to come back from this and I feel very embarrassed,” a distraught Alice said. The pair were joined by 22-year-old professional equestrian, Madison.

After spending time with 23-year-old research scientist, Natasha and 25-year-old registered nurse Christina, Farmer Brad said: “The jury’s still out on who I send home. They basically told me the same thing, really. They’re a bit reserved in a group environment. I feel as though I haven’t learned enough about Tash and Christina to be honest.”

Farmer David and his two ladies: 26-year-old special education aide Emily and 29-year-old marketing director Emma visited his primary school, where they interacted with the students. Seeing Emily thrive in that environment, Emma sensed a weaker connection with David and decided to end her journey on the farm.

“I respect Emma for making that big decision. She’s picked up on the real events in front of her and I probably was having more of a spark with Em, but it’s quite emotional,” David said.

After spending quality time with their chosen two, the farmers farewelled the partner they couldn’t see a future with:

Farmer Andrew: Kelly

Farmer Brad: Natasha

Farmer Brenton: Emily

Farmer David: Emma*

Farmer Matt: Madison

*walked out

Sunday night on Farmer Wants A Wife: The farmers and partners gear up for their first big catch-up at the Country Ball. For some, it brings romance; but for others, a reality check. A storm hits the ball when the quest for love threatens to tear one farm apart.

Dancefloor turns into battlefield

The annual Country Ball ends in conflict

Tonight on Farmer Wants A Wife, the excited farmers and their ladies enjoyed a night of music and dancing at the annual Country Ball, headlined by Aussie singer-songwriter Taylor Moss.

The farmers all caught up about their first week with ladies on their farms, with Farmer Brad confessing preschool teacher Clare was a front-runner for him and he hoped she felt the same way.

“Tonight would be a good chance to ask her if she’s feeling what I’m feeling,” said Brad. “I guess if she’s not feeling it, it’d be a kick in the guts, but you know, there’s another three ladies there to then go and get to know them a lot better too.”

With solo dates on the cards after the ball, the ladies put their best foot forward to try and catch their farmer’s eye. The dancefloor soon turned into a battlefield for Farmer Andrew after restaurant owner Maddison cut in on nurse Lucie who had set out to get the first chat.

“That’s just not fair,” said a clearly annoyed Lucie. “Maddison, she’s a snake. She’s rude, and I’m done.”

Mine truck driver, Claire, brought an oblivious Andrew up to speed on the drama, while creative consultant Jessie, maintained her distance.

Farmer Brenton was in hot demand on the dancefloor and despite a strong connection with social media manager, Sophie, gave one-on-one time to each of his ladies.

At the end of the ball, each farmer chose one partner for their next solo date:

Farmer Andrew: Jessie
Farmer Brad: Corista
Farmer Brenton: Rachel
Farmer David: Lorelei
Farmer Matt: Olivia

Tomorrow 7.30pm on Farmer Wants A Wife: a shock exit for one of the ladies, as spectacular solo dates lay the foundations for deeper connections.

Calm before the storm

Sky-high solo date leaves one lady heartbroken

A surprise exit left one farmer shocked in tonight’s Farmer Wants A Wife on Channel 7 and 7plus.

Farmer Brad introduced public servant Corista to one of his family’s favourite pastimes: knee-boarding; while Farmer David scored a kiss after marketing coordinator Lorelei “passed the girlfriend test” during their daring hike.

Farmer Brenton and promotions assistant Rachel explored a deeper connection during their date at a winery, with Brenton deciding: “Rachel’s personality is definitely what I’m after.”

Sensing that admin officer Olivia could be the one, Farmer Matt took her to the chocolate factory he frequented with his loved ones: “It’s is an amazing place where I’ve often gone with friends and family, and the fact I get to share somewhere so special with someone that feels really special to me as well is a beautiful bonding moment.”

After a rocky night at the Country Ball, creative consultant Jessie brought a calmer energy during her date with Farmer Andrew; but as the pair relaxed over a meditation session, a storm was brewing back at the farm.

Realising the pressure of the situation, Nurse Lucie decided: “I need to put myself first and this is not the environment for me.” Writing a letter to say goodbye to Farmer Andrew, she confessed: “Although I’m disappointed that we never got the opportunity to explore what could have been, I think you’re a great match, and I really think you could find your happy ending.”

Returning to find one less lady on his farm, Andrew did not send anyone home in tonight’s farm farewell, while Farmers Brad, Brenton and Matt farewelled the ladies they least connected with.

David’s decision to send home his first 24-hour date recruitment manager, Elle, left his other ladies in shock.

The ladies farewelled tonight were:

Farmer Brad: Christina

Farmer Brenton: Breanna

Farmer David: Elle

Farmer Matt: Alice

Farmer Andrew: Lucie*

*Lucie walked out

Tomorrow night on Farmer Wants A Wife: The ladies go head-to-head, pitching blind dates to their farmers for the chance to secure a precious solo date, as some discover the road to real love is full of twists and shocking turns.

Love is blind

Two ladies turn their backs on the farm

Blind dates were on the menu for tonight’s Farmer Wants A Wife on Channel 7 and 7plus, but not everyone was happy with what was served.

After waiting patiently for weeks, it was hospitality team leader Annabelle’s “time to shine” when Farmer Matt picked her idea of a swim followed by cocktails; while Farmer David chose to expose his creative side, opting for a version of paint and sip with special education aide Emily.

It wasn’t smooth sailing for all the farmers, as HR administrator Frankie was left annoyed when Farmer Brenton chose social media manager Sophie’s scavenger hunt pitch.

“I really needed that time with Brenton. Sophie’s gotten so much time with him,” a furious Frankie said. “I literally have no idea where I stand.”

When Farmer Brad decided to go with preschool teacher Claire’s idea, public servant Corista also questioned her place on the farm: "Brad definitely knew whose date he’s picking. At the end of the day he didn’t want any more quality time with me. Like that makes me feel horrible.”

Heartbroken, Corista left the farm while the Claire and Brad were on their date.

Farmer Andrew’s date with restaurant owner Maddison turned awkward when she expressed the desire to have her partner involved in her restaurant business. Perplexed, Andrew said: “Don’t think she sort of understands the lifestyle and what it takes for me to run this place and work off the farm.”

Later, after reflecting on their date, the pair mutually decided to put an end to Maddison’s farm journey.

Sunday night on Farmer Wants A Wife: The farmers, and their ladies, are in for a big surprise as co-host Natalie Gruzlewski introduces 10 new ladies.

Nat’s Surprise

Nat Gruzlewski introduces 10 new ladies for the farmers

The road to real love has been bumpy so far, but a game-changing surprise from co-host Natalie Gruzlewski is sure to send shockwaves on Farmer Wants A Wife, 7.00pm next Sunday, 23 April on Channel 7 and 7plus.

Nat has searched the country to find another 10 single ladies – two for each farmer – to ensure everyone has the opportunity to meet their perfect match.

The farmers will spend one-on-one time with each of their potential partners before inviting one of them back to the farm to join the rest of the group. Find out all about Nat’s chosen partners in the attached media kit.

Set to ruffle some feathers, these latecomers are not afraid of the connections the farmers have made with their existing partners. Could a last-minute arrival win a farmer’s heart?

The ladies currently on the farms are:

• Farmer Andrew: Claire, Jessie

• Farmer Brad: Clare, Morgan

• Farmer Brenton: Frankie, Rachel, Sophie

• Farmer David: Emily, Leah, Lorelei

• Farmer Matt: Annabelle, Chelsea, Olivia

New ladies arrive on 7pm Sunday 23 April on Channel 7 and 7plus

Natalie sparks new-found love

New ladies cause fireworks at the country fair

A shock surprise from Natalie Gruzlewski brought romantic highs crashing back to earth in tonight’s Farmer Wants A Wife on Channel 7 and 7plus.

The farmers, who were invited by Sam Armytage under the pretext of an exciting weekend getaway, were caught off-guard when Nat greeted them with a surprise: “I’ve done a little bit of research, and I have hand-picked ladies that I would love you to meet.”

Hearts were aflutter as the farmers spent the afternoon getting to know their new potential love interests. After a round of speed dates, they each invited one lady to the farm, but not before sneaking in a romantic solo date each.

Farmer Brad and 30-year-old boarding house supervisor Shelby’s romantic boat ride ended with a kiss. “There is a spark there that could potentially grow into something. It’s put my mind into bloody overdrive,” Brad said.

“Definitely attracted to Jemma. And she’s obviously really good looking and so genuine and just so humble,” Farmer Brenton said after braving a game of truth or dare with 21-year-old radiology assistant, Jemma.

Farmer Matt kept an open mind during his date with 22-year-old dressage rider, Madelon: “I definitely think I am surrendering to this opportunity that Nat’s provided us. I think love does take a bit of time and you don’t want to put any walls up and not be open to the perfect person that could be.”

When the existing ladies saw their farmers arrive hand-in-hand with the new ladies at the country fair, jealousy flared.

While Andrew’s lady Claire was confident about her connection with the farmer, the same could not be said about some of the ladies on other farms.

Morgan described Shelby as a “smokin’ blonde bombshell” and was worried how she would compete with her.

Frankie, who hadn’t yet had a date with Brenton, reached a breaking point: “Brenton is obviously really connected with Jemma on their date. To me, that says enough. I’m not going to wait for a date that’s probably not going to come. That’s enough for him to show that he’s not interested in me.”

The new ladies invited to each farm are:

Farmer Andrew: Sarah
Farmer Brad: Shelby
Farmer Brenton: Jemma
Farmer David: Alyssa
Farmer Matt: Madelon

Tuesday night on Farmer Wants A Wife: One lady’s heartbreak results in shock exit, plus one farmer and his lucky lady win the ultimate prize: the most romantic 24-hour date ever during the Farmer Wants A Wife Country Games.

I think it’s a mistake not airing this tonight, should’ve shown it in Sydney, Brisbane and Perth and Melbourne & Adelaide could’ve caught up with a one-off Thursday episode and later combined them in Total TV. Their network share would’ve also been even bigger with a marquee AFL game + Farmer + news and the rest, maybe 40%. Sydney and Brisbane especially will also gift Lego and ■■■■■■■■ exposure/audience as a result.

Seven has decided to show only two episodes this week (due to AFL) and also next week, with a Cosentino special to air next Tuesday. I think it is stretching the season for as long as possible so it finishes at around the same time as Lego Masters.

1 Like

Seven ran a flashy promo today in Melbourne (unsure which if any other markets) during the ANZAC AFL, saying “Seven’s Tuesday thrill ride” in capitals and spliced the Farmer and Accused premiere promos together. @TV.Cynic

1 Like

It was airing for at least a few days.

1 Like

Game of love

Nat’s weekend getaway ends in heartbreak

Tonight, the Farmer Wants A Wife Country Games saw farms go head-to-head in a bid to win the most romantic date yet on Channel 7 and 7plus.

As the getaway continued, the arrival of co-host Natalie Gruzlewski’s new ladies left Farmer David wondering how the existing ladies would handle the pressure: “It’s going to be really interesting to see how they react, because this is not the same pressure as a hail storm or a drought.”

Farmer Andrew’s lady Claire expressed: “I think it’s weird. How do you welcome someone that the guy that you’re wanting to date brings to meet?”

With five new ladies on the scene, competition for precious alone time was intense as Nat revealed the farmers would select one lady each for a solo date by the time the getaway was over.

Leah, who was yet to have a date with David, was on cloud nine when he indicated that she could be next: “Knowing that time will come for the two of us hopefully on the next date is a really wonderful feeling.”

When Frankie finally got Brenton’s attention, the conversation didn’t go as she expected: “If that’s how he feels then that’s how he feels and I don’t really want to be with someone if they don’t want to hundred percent be with me,” she said before choosing to leave.

The next morning began with some good old-fashioned fun in the form of country games, and Nat pushed the love stakes sky-high with the ultimate prize for the winning farmer and his lucky lady: the most romantic 24-hour date ever.

David’s farm took the victory, but Leah was left heartbroken when Emily was selected for the date instead: “I was definitely shocked by his choice. I thought that Dave was going to choose me for the date tonight.”

The other farmers then selected their ladies for the solo dates:

Farmer Andrew: Claire

Farmer Brad: Morgan

Farmer Brenton: Rachel

Farmer Matt: Chelsea

Sunday night on Farmer Wants A Wife: Romance reaches new heights, with David and Emily having the date of a lifetime, while one farmer decides it’s the end of the road.

This farmer’s in love

Farmer Andrew finds love with Tasmanian mine truck driver Claire

One farmer reached the end of road when he professed his love to one lucky lady in tonight’s Farmer Wants A Wife on Channel 7 and 7plus.

After enjoying the weekend getaway, the farmers and their chosen dates set out for their next romantic adventure.

Farmer David started his magical 24-hour date with Emily hoping “to build something for the future,” while Farmer Brad and Morgan rekindled their romance on a long-overdue second date.

Armed with the bombshell confession that Sophie was “really falling in love” with Farmer Brenton, he went into his date with Rachel to explore where her heart was at.

“I’ve got a little bit of time to go and it would be nice to see where it goes. There is definitely huge potential there,” Brenton said.

Farmer Matt showed Chelsea how he liked to blow off steam at a shooting range, but the chemistry between them soon cooled down when Chelsea said she was “unsure about moving away from WA”.

A concerned Matt shared: “Chelsea mentioned that she hasn’t really been feeling as strongly about our relationship and doesn’t feel like it’s progressed any further for her. That does form a few doubts over my own head.”

After a breathtaking 24 hours together, Farmer David and Emily were in for a shock when they could not find Leah at the farm. She decided to leave after David picked Emily for the date instead of her at the weekend getaway.

Farmer Andrew’s path to true love had been rocky, but after his date with Claire, he realised that she was the one. Deciding to end his journey early, Andrew farewelled Sarah and Jessie, before telling Claire: “I’m falling in love with you.”

During the farewell dinner, Matt ended new lady Madelon’s farm journey; while Brad, Brenton and David did not send anyone home.

Tomorrow night on Farmer Wants A Wife: The farmers’ nearest and dearest meet the ladies to decide who deserves the last 24-hour date.

Final date on the menu

Families decide which ladies get served the last 24-hour date

The end of the road to real love is just over the horizon, but in tonight’s Farmer Wants A Wife on Channel 7 and 7plus, the pressure of meeting the potential in-laws became too much for some ladies.

With time slipping through their fingers, the farmers hoped introducing the ladies to their families would help them choose the one. But Sam had a curveball in store, announcing their families would chose who will go on the final 24-hour date.

As Matt’s family arrived on the farm, Olivia took the reins on the lunch menu, much to Chelsea and Annabelle’s dismay. Infuriated, Annabelle said: “I think Olivia does think that this is her farm, her home. it’s a bit bloody annoying.”

“I know her intentions are good, but at the same time, this is a lunch for his family from all of us,” Rachel added.

The rivalry also stepped up on Brad’s farm. Shelby threw Clare under the bus during her one-on-one chat with Brad’s brother, Ryan, saying: “The side that I see of Clare is different as to when Brad’s around. I just feel like there’s a façade and I don’t think Brad’s seen that, and I don’t know how he would feel if he did see that.”

Despite Shelby’s bombshell, Brad’s family decided on Clare, observing that “it was Clare’s turn to have one-on-one time” with Brad.

Matt’s family felt that Annabelle had not had “the same opportunity or the chance to spend time with him” as his other ladies and chose her to help Matt gain some clarity.

Brenton’s dad and sisters were impressed with all three of his ladies, but decided on Sophie because they thought farm life “is a tough gig” and she had a rural background.

After spending an afternoon getting to know the ladies, David’s family thought he needed to explore his relationship with Lorelei further as she “could be a good fit for him”.

Sunday night on Farmer Wants A Wife: Magical final dates unfold that could make or break the farmers’ futures as they face their biggest decision before the final farm farewell. Who will our farmers choose as their final two?

Farmer Wants A Wife Continues 7pm Sunday on Channel 7 and 7plus

Saw a promo during The 1% Club tonight that applications are now open for farmers to take part in the next season.

3 Likes

Executives must’ve been happy so far and not surprising with the new VOZ releases showing Total Audiences well above 1m and large margins to even Lego, also beating out the competition in metro and doing solid key demos (even if they’re not great nor as good as their rivals). With not a whole lot else to brag about, like the suite of and especially demographics Nine and 10’s hits, I’m sure they’ll take this.

Love is in the pair

Farmers choose their final two ladies

The farmers chose their final two ladies after a string of romantic 24-hour dates paved the way for heartbreak in tonight’s Farmer Wants A Wife on Channel 7 and 7plus.

Farmer David’s date with Lorelei left him “feeling really positive” about their relationship after Lorelei assured him that she was serious about moving to the farm.

Farmer Brenton and Sophie’s relationship crashed back to Earth when she expressed her desire to travel abroad for extended periods. A concerned Brenton said: “The farm obviously can’t run itself. So can’t I go away for long periods of time. Sophie’s thrown a spanner in the works. I’ve got no idea what to think. I’m just worried whether this farm’s enough for her.”

Farmer Brad and Clare’s date hit a rocky patch when Brad suggested a long-distance relationship for six months, something Clare wasn’t happy with. “I can see why Brad would wanna wait for me to move here because he wants it to be right and I do as well, but six months? I’m not doing six months,” she said.

Olivia contemplated leaving after hearing about Farmer Matt and Annabelle’s romantic escapades: “They’ve had a couple of dates and they have a very like flirty connection. It does make me feel like a little bit concerned.”

At the last farewell dinner, the farmers selected their final two ladies:

• Farmer Brad: Clare and Morgan

• Farmer Brenton: Rachel and Sophie

• Farmer David: Emily and Lorelei

• Farmer Matt: Annabelle and Olivia

Tuesday night on Farmer Wants A Wife: The farmers and ladies savour their final moments together before heading into the city for one last celebration.