Farmer Wants a Wife

##The Farmer Wants a Wife

Monday 1 February at 8.45pm

The Farmer Wants a Wife, returns to Channel Nine at 8.45pm Monday, 1 February with six new farmers looking for love.

In her first television presenting role, Sam McClymont of Australia’s number one country group, The McClymonts, will host the program.

The farmers are:

Farmer Adam (VIC)
Strong-willed and driven, Adam has worked hard to get himself to a position where he can buy his farm and now he’d like to share it with someone.

Farmer Jedd (SA)
Prioritising the remote family business has meant no time for love for this eco-oyster farmer.

Farmer Julz (SA)
This straight-up rough diamond would love a real woman who can crack open a tinnie around a campfire.

Farmer Lance (QLD)
This old-fashioned cowboy longs for a lady who’s comfortable mucking in or wearing heels for a night out.

Farmer Lachie (NSW)
He failed to find love through Married At First Sight – but will Cupid strike this time around?

Farmer Matt (WA)
This heir to a cattle station feels the pressure to build the business and find a best friend to share it with.

The Farmer Wants a Wife is one of the most loved television series in Australia – it has already produced eight marriages, three long-term relationships, and recently notched up baby number ten.

Users of 9Now will can access an early release of the first episode of the latest series of The Farmer Wants a Wife, from Sunday at 6.00pm until the launch of the program on Monday, February 1, at 8.35pm.

Andrew Backwell, Nine’s Managing Director, Programming and Production, said: “We’re excited to exclusively launch episode one of The Farmer Wants a Wife on the new 9Now platform on Sunday night, and I’m looking forward to tracking our audience across their different devices and giving them more of what they want in 2016.

The German version of The Farmer Wants a Wife is looking for Aussies who can speak German to join the show.

Looks like the new season will be a Trans-Tasman version.

Doomed to failure right there.

Should this not be in the Seven thread?

Fixed!

From today’s Seven upfronts:

It’s created more happily-ever-afters than anyother dating show, with nine marriages and 19 babies in Australia (with another on the way) and 147 marriages and 280 babies worldwide. Now, Australia’s most successful love show is back with a new crop of single farmers who are readyto find their soulmate.

FARMER WANTS A WIFE is a Fremantle and Eureka co-production for Channel Seven.

I am tipping Sunrise’s Edwina Bartholomew will host, as she and husband Neil Varcoe own a farm in rural NSW.

2 Likes

MEET YOUR FARMERS

Australia’s most successful relationship show Farmer Wants A Wife returns in 2020 and today, the new crop of Aussie farmers ready to find their soulmate have been revealed.

These hopeful single blokes will put it all on the line as they search for “the one” – a life partner with whom they can share their hearts and their love of their land.

History bodes well for these new farmers seeking a forever - Farmer Wants A Wife has created more happily-ever-afters than any other dating show, with nine marriages and 19 babies in Australia (with another on the way) and 147 marriages and 280 babies worldwide.

FARMER ALEX

Type of farm: Sheep, Cattle

Height: 180cm

About me:

I’m an energetic larrikin who enjoys being outside. A very loyal friend and brother who enjoys learning new things.

What sort of woman are you looking for?

Someone I have a lot in common with and I could see as my best friend. I certainly want to find her attractive, but what I really want is someone who shares my interests, is levelheaded and is fun with a great sense of humour.

What values are you looking for in a partner?

I am fiercely loyal to my loved ones and I hope I can find a partner who feels the same. I’m also an adventurous soul and need someone who is willing to go on adventures with me.

FARMER HARRY

Type of farm: Grapes, Cotton, Sheep

Height: 183cm

About me:

I’m a small-town country boy with a big heart and a lot of love to give, who enjoys the simple life of working on the farm.

I’m looking for someone who is easy going, loves a laugh and is not afraid to have a go at new things. She needs to be able to hold her own but also be able to support me, as I will her.

Trust is without a doubt the biggest thing for me. Loyalty is also important, as well as a passion for enjoying life, not just living it.

FARMER JACK

Type of farm: Merino Sheep

Height: 195cm

About me:

I am energetic, fun and enthusiastic. I have a great love for life and above all, I love an adventure.

An empathetic and kindhearted soul who has the same passion to learn, discover and travel as I do.

I am looking for kindness, generosity and enthusiasm in a partner.

FARMER NEIL

Type of farm: Merino Sheep

Height: 178cm

About me:

I’m a fun, fit, happy and healthy farmer and father of three.

If there is a woman who is still reading this and is not totally put off, there is a reasonable chance we will get on. I hope there is a spark, also known as the feeling, also known as the vibe. It can’t be faked, and it never lies.

Be honest, be a team player, be family orientated, be active and be ready…

FARMER NICK

Type of farm: Vineyard

Height: 183cm

About me:

I’m the type of guy that shows up on the scene and gets the seven digits, you know the routine… I’m also the type of guy who answers questions with LL Cool J lyrics!

An independent woman with a bunch of stuff going on. I like a woman who is happy to do her own thing and someone who plans to follow her dreams.

I like honesty, I like drive and I like commitment. I find it attractive when someone finishes what they start. I like an adventurous woman too.

FARMER SAM

Type of farm: Tropical Fruit

Height: 178cm

About me:

I’m a fun, loving and caring person with a heart of gold and a pretty dry sense of humour. I love to be outdoors and am very family orientated.

A woman with a big heart, who is caring and supportive and can have a bit of fun.

Someone who is trustworthy, loyal and kind with a good sense of humour and can handle lots of Italian food.

More info: https://farmerwantsawife.com.au/

1 Like

David quick with the lack of diversity article lol

Amen.

The contestants probably accurately represent the demographic of male farmers in Australia.

2 Likes

It’s funny that a show like this gets scrutinized about diversity where shows like The Block gets away with a whitebread cast year after year after year.

4 Likes

Natalie Gruzlewski is back as the host.

Full story:
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/natalie-gruzlewski-to-return-as-host-of-farmer-wants-a-wife/news-story/fbcccd41b95f6a3568d3a4d4beb839b8

Boo

Really?

It’s fantastic news and gives the show it’s best chance.

Just don’t feel she’s the best presenter. Personal preference. And where’s the refresh?

NATALIE GRUZLEWSKI SAYS “I DO” TO FARMER WANTS A WIFE

Beloved television presenter returns as host of Australia’s most successful relationship show

Beloved television presenter Natalie Gruzlewski will make her primetime return in 2020 as host of Australia’s most successful relationship show, Farmer Wants A Wife .

Farmer Wants A Wife has created more happily-ever-afters than any other dating show, with nine marriages and 19 babies in Australia (with another on the way) and 147 marriages and 280 babies worldwide.

Natalie hosted eight seasons of Farmer between 2007-2012. Since stepping away from television in 2014, the Gold Coast-based personality has focused on raising her family, but she couldn’t pass up the opportunity to helm the return of the feel-good, matchmaking format.

“I’m excited to be returning to TV for Farmer . It’s a privilege to be a part of the show and witness those special connections as they start to form,” says Natalie. “I’ve seen firsthand how this process can change lives and I can’t wait to get back into it.”

Channel Seven’s Director of Network Programming, Angus Ross, said: “Natalie radiates natural warmth and sincerity and we’re delighted to welcome her to the Seven family.

“Farmer is the original true romance show, delivering more happy endings than any other, and Natalie is the perfect choice to help guide our new crop of single farmers in their search for love.”

1 Like

First promo for Seven’s version aired tonight during Pooch Perfect, with voiceover by Natalie.

1 Like