Eurovision Song Contest

And Eurovision 2023 will be held in the U.K on behalf of Ukraine

4 Likes
4 Likes

I was pretty sure that would happen. I think it’s the right call. UK would have won had Ukraine not been invaded. I’m thinking I might even go if I can get tickets!

“Bidding is expected to be competitive, with several mayors, councillors and MPs already informally expressing an intention to bid, including representatives from: Aberdeen, Belfast, Birmingham, Brighton, Bristol, Cardiff, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool, London, Newcastle, Nottingham, Sheffield and Wolverhampton,” said the EBU.

2 Likes
1 Like

Liverpool would be good.

Glasgow’s OVO Hydro arena was used as the venue of Eurovision Song Contest final in the Netflix movie The Story of Fire Saga (although the concert scenes were filmed on a soundstage in London). What if it gets to host the event for real?

1 Like

All would be good. I would be surprised if it’s Birmingham though given they had it last in the UK in 1997 (?) and they’ve just had the Comm Games. Any of the others would be great. I kinda think Sheffield might get it given they are the sister city of Donetsk Ukraine :smiley: