Eurovision Song Contest

I am pretty sure our invitation will get extended past 2023. EBU needs all the finances it can get.

1 Like

Duncan Laurence, winner of the 2019 Eurovision Song Contest for the Netherlands and was scheduled to perform live during Saturday’s Grand Final, has tested positive for COVID-19, his management and the Host Broadcaster have confirmed. Duncan has mild symptoms. Because of the 7 day minimum isolation period, Duncan will not be able to perform live in the Ahoy venue in Rotterdam, but will still feature in the show in a different form.

Since he was at rehearsals during the week potential for some further impact on the show.

He obviously won’t be handing over the trophy at the final.

I think SBS had the right idea staying home now.

4 Likes

He performed at the first semi final on Tuesday (Wednesday in Aus) so chances are he came into contact with a lot of people in the show.

Last Monday, Duncan tested negative in the Eurovision Test Pavilion, which granted him access to the venue for his performance in the first Semi-Final.

This was him receiving an award for 1 billion streams of his song that won the last Eurovision.

Yikes at the ratinga for semifinal 1. Truly horrible and thats despite SBS asking for the Youtube live stream to be geoblocked in Australia.

What do you expect for a 5am weekday semi final? I recorded it and watched it that night. Same for today’s. I will only get up early to watch the finale live.

1 Like

Still the ratings were 40% lower than 2019.

2 Likes

Overnight ratings include people who record the show and watched that night as well - any viewing up until 2am the next morning counts in the numbers.

Some behind the scenes shots posted by broadcast software provider CuePilot.

2 Likes

Are you really surprised though? There was a lot more buzz and momentum that year off the back of Australia decides and having an act chosen by the public. We also actually had a shot that year too with cool production and lets not forget that we actually performed at the event. This year the pre-recording completely killed any buzz and it was a song chosen by Montaigne that a lot of people wouldn’t know.

I also think SBS have stuffed up with their primetime schedules. They should have aired semi-final 1 on Wednesday night and Semi-final 2 tonight. I have friends coming over tonight to watch my recording of semi-final 2 from this morning, you’d think it would make more sense that was airing the same day.

3 Likes

It’s very easy to get around a geo-block on you tube I’ve heard :grinning:

The contest will take place on December 19th at La Seine Musicale.

2 Likes

I agree. It would be less confusing if they showed the repeat on the same night as it was first broadcast. I guess they want to have content on Friday, Saturday and Sunday but it is confusing for non-fanatics. If it screened on Wednesday night, they would take advantage of all the publicity in the media during the day on Wednesday. I know people who were searching the TV guides on Wednesday night to watch it.

5 Likes

Geez, there’s way too many bright colours on that set!

1 Like

That’s official 2021 Eurovision artwork.

4 Likes

The members of the Australian Jury who determine 50% of Australian votes will include Millie Millgate (chairperson), Kamahl, Brooke Boney, Ash London and Jack Vidgen.

1 Like