Eleven - Programs and Schedules

Are you referring to Season Two of American Crime which is on Presto here in Australia? It is a different show to American Crime Story which doesn’t have a season two yet.

I thought that too. American Crime Story is only in development stages

Yep seasonn2 is going to be about Hurricane Katrina

How I Met Your Mother is now on 7 days a week.

I have been mentioning this quite a bit lately but I think Ten have completely got their multichannels wrong. Ten have some of the most unique and best comedies from the overseas market that they just don’t seem to be utilizing on their multichannels.

These are my issues and what I would do rectify the problems with ten’s multichannels

1. Saturation at 7:30. All the main channels have reality at 7:30. This provides an opportunity for ten to focus on drama/comedy/documentary at 7:30 for their multi’s. Network Ten should focus on comedy for Eleven documentaries for One and drama for a new mulitchannel. That provides viewers alternatives every night and the One Network.
  2. Modern Family is not utilized. Modern Family has clearly had its days on Ten. It is barely scrapping 400k. It is time to bid farewell on the main channel and put this show on Eleven 7 nights a week. They have plenty of episodes and it is arguably one the greatest comedies to come out of the US.
  3. Provide a consistent schedule from 6:00-8:30 I think it is fair and evident from the main channels that viewers love routine and consistency. So provide it. Have the same schedule 5 nights a week. Eleven - Simpsons - Neighbours - How I Met Your Mother - Modern Family - Modern Family One - Everybody Loves Raymond - MASH - MASH - Bondi Rescue - Bondi Vet. This would be an easy schedule and creates space for the network to air premium content at 8:30.
  4. Start catering for a specific audience on each multichannel I know some would say this is what ten are doing with their mulichannels and I would say you are right. To an extent. I just think Ten have a few contradictions. The first being Everybody Loves Raymond. This should probably be one ONE. ONE is for the older generation that like those older comedies, factuals and action movies. Eleven is for the young generation who secretly love anima and niche shows.
  5. Launch a behind the scenes show for each reality show 9:30 is perfect to air this sort of show on Eleven. For Masterchef it could be as simple as letting a contestant take a camera into the house and cooking up their favourite dish. It doesn’t need to be a huge production that costs $$$ it can just be something that is cheap and provides those that love their favourite reality show a chance to catch some behind the scenes shots. This would also provide the opportunity to only have to air 1 show at 8:30.
  6. Give Neighbours some credibility this sounds very narrow minded I know. Ten are already airing Neighbours on Eleven and giving it the promotion it needs. But look at the UK they air multiple encores of the show. The first viewing is at 5 or something then there is another later at night, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. Ten need to do the same with Neighbours. Put an Encore at 10:30 at night. Put an Encore screening at roughly 5:00/5:30 in the afternoon. I do believe Ten are airing an Encore in the morning.
  7. NCIS & Law and Order SVU I think it is fair to say these are the two most under rated American shows on TV at the moment. They will never ever achieve ratings over 800/900k again. And that is ok. But they could become the Big Bang for Ten’s multichannels. And Ten aren’t even using them. There needs to be some sort of drama at 7:30 on a multichannel. And could you imagine how easy it would be to air NCIS rpts at 7:30 every night of the week and lets say Law and Order SVU at 6:30 every night of the week. Ten’s main channel might lose a few viewers but I think you will find that The News on Seven and news on nine will lose a few more. Why I say that? Because NCIS and SVU have an older audience. The Project has a younger audience. Ten’s reality offerings also have a younger audience than Seven and Nines. And this brings me to my next concern.
  8. CRIME Ten have the shows and content to commission a new channel. They are missing an opportunity. NCIS Franchise, Law and Order SVU, 48 Hours, Madam Secreatry etc could all go on this channel. For those concerned new episodes should be on the main channel - well ten could keep new episodes on the main channel for now (until they have the content for their main channel) the possibilities to make that happen are endless. First run episodes on Ten encores on CRIME - simulcast. What ever tickles your fancy. During the day ten could just simply air their primetime schedule over and over again. Or they could air shows like JAG, Lie to Me, Prison Break in repeats. This is what the UK do a lot of. The options and possibilities are endless. And it is a missed opportunity from Ten at the moment.

So essentially I think Ten have missed a big opportunity. It is frustrating. I know this would cost $$$ but surely the rewards would outweigh the costs. To sum up I would make Ten an Australian program only network (There are plenty of light entertainment shows they could air to make this happen). I would then make ONE a older comey/documentary/Movies channel. Eleven would be the home of comedy - shows like Supernatural would air at 10:30. Crime would be the home of drama with drama having a crime element.

It would be a lot of work to do this. But I do think they can make it happen. I don’t think it is can’t be achieved.

5 Likes

agree with most of your points

New season of Sleepy Hollow finally premiered tonight.

They dropped it a while ago. I think they only have encores on Saturday afternoons now.

Eleven Should’ve Gave Supernatural a Rest Back in January and Allow Sleepy Holow to air at 8:30 for 2 Months Instead.

I wasn’t aware there were new proper nouns added to the English language.

1 Like

Why would they put Supernatural on hold halfway through a season to show Sleepy Hollow?

Supernatural has a pretty vocal fan base, hence why Eleven fast track it. It’s not one of those imports that nobody watches and can wait a couple of years, like Cougar Town or the Goldbergers.

1 Like

[quote=“Ryan, post:91, topic:457”]
Why would they put Supernatural on hold halfway through a season to show Sleepy Hollow? Supernatural has a pretty vocal fan base, hence why Eleven fast track it.[/quote]
Can’t see why they can’t show both. They have a lot of repeats in other timeslots anyway.

The Grinder coming to Tuesday nights 930pm on Eleven soon in double eps

Ryan, I see what you did there.

Cancel that. It has now been pulled. Sex and the City to remain on Tuesdays.
I can give you some other news. BrainDead - the new CBS summer series is coming to Mondays on Eleven. The Strain will join Salem past midnight

It starts tonight just after 9.30pm, with each episode shown one week after the US.

They can’t do any better than 5 episodes of Sex and the City at 8.30pm?

It appears Totally Wild has a new logo

1 Like

Looks like a fairly generic logo, doesn’t it?

Although admittedly, I’m somewhat surprised that Totally Wild is still going!

1 Like

It is, but there’s some animation and effects of the claw marks which makes it look better.

Why, cause you don’t watch it?

TEN have always remained committed to their children television production unit in Brisbane even through all the budget cuts over the years. So much so they recently within the last 6 months introduced another show aimed at pre-schoolers, Crocamole.

A lot of TW’s content and Scope/Couch Time/Toasted TV is actually paid for also as part of advertising opportunities also so the shows possibly pay for themselves in some ways.