Eleven - Programs and Schedules

Yes, there was an announcement made, but no-one thought it worth mentioning :smile:

4 Likes

Fox are probably waiting until the CBS take over to decide where Simpsons end up. I think it was said that Ten/CBS are still keen on doing a deal with Fox.

1 Like

Sure. Foxā€™s sole purpose in negotiations is to decide where The Simpsons end up. :rofl:

1 Like

Despite (?) the loss of Fox programming, Eleven is still doing well in audience share. Last week it recorded its highest shares for the year in all three younger demos.

1 Like

I have noticed that the second episode of Will and Grace features in the top 5 of the 18-49 and 25-54 demos on each night its on. I am sure that helps.

1 Like

Will and Grace is doing very well so far, but can it retain the audience for multiple repeat airings like classic shows such as The Simpsons or Seinfeld? What else do they have to show? Frasier/Becker/Raymond/Rules arenā€™t going to cut it for 7.30 prime slotsā€¦

1 Like

Yeah it wonā€™t last. Thereā€™s only so many comedy specials to go around.

Strassman is on tomorrow night. Thatā€™s a name I havenā€™t heard since he had a show on Nine (in the 90s?)

1 Like

Just saw that Eleven have started showing triple episodes of Medium 8:30 Mondays, starting from the last episode of season 5. Another 3 are scheduled next week. No doubt CBSā€™s influence. Maybe they will finally get around to showing the last season, 6 years after the show finished.

1 Like

How so? :roll_eyes: More likely somebody remembered it was sitting on the shelf gathering dust and they had no other content they could schedule. Iā€™m surprised the rights hadnā€™t run out by now.

Wrong content for a supposedly younger skewing (primetime) channel.

The cupboard is so bare itā€™s getting ridiculous. Without the FOX deal, Eleven needs to be relaunced into something else.

You donā€™y relaunch your channel every time you make changes with overseas content providers, We donā€™t need another Viceland debacle.

This is the same Eleven that has held itā€™s 2.5% share from 2016 yeah? Clearly going terribly.

2 Likes

If you remember the Eleven channel launch promo, it was primarily based around The Simpsons (taken from the episode with the wall of surveillance TVs). Along with Neighbours, it was one of the two shows the channel was built around. Now it is gone of course they should reposition the channel.

If I remembered correctly, the final season of Medium was shown in full earlier this year.

1 Like

You make it sound like Eleven was defined by The Simpsons and nothing else. :roll_eyes: You guys really canā€™t get over The Simpsons being dropped.

The show was originally cancelled by NBC and then moved to CBS for seasons 6 and 7. Which is why I mentioned CBS as the final two seasons would have been included in the CBS contract.

All seasons were distributed by Paramount then CBS. Change of US domestic network had no bearing.

I just stated the fact that it was one of the channelā€™s two key programs at launch, and its departure along with the other Fox programming changes the identity/demographic of the channel so itā€™s time for a refresh of the on-air presentation to match the new content.

And whatā€™s the ā€œnewā€ content that warrants a relaunch?

They have new programs starting up every so often. There hasnā€™t been a relaunch for any of those.

until they sort out their program supply deals they donā€™t have any new content to speak of as yet