Eleven - Programs and Schedules

As far as I can remember. They used to have Simpsons marathons on the weekends during school holidays.

Yes, but itā€™s now the ONLY place to watch it on Australian TV.

Interestingly, the Ten Insider blog on Will and Grace says:

Will & Grace will air 7.30 Monday to Friday on ELEVEN, with live streaming and catch up on tenplay

https://tenplay.com.au/blog/tenplay-trending/weeknights-belong-to-will-and-grace-on-eleven

Interesting to note that there will be live streaming available, Iā€™m not aware of any other ELEVEN show, especially a local production such as Neighbours that is being live-streamed on tenplay?

3 Likes

Arj Barker: Get In My Head

Wednesday 8 November at 8.30pm

Filmed live from the beautiful Capitol Theatre in Sydney, let Arj Get in Your Head - What are you waiting for? Hop on in and lets ride. Thereā€™s plenty of room in hereā€¦

1 Like

20st Century Fox has officially terminated the programming deal with Network Ten which was due to expire on 30 June 2019.

This means that The Simpsons, Malcolm in the Middle, How I Met Your Mother, Bobā€™s Burgers, Futurama, New Girl, American Horror Story, Fresh off the Boat, etc. are gone from Eleven for good.

The Bill that Ten had Required to pay Fox is way More than the Network itself.

Surely Ten (through CBS) will be considering potential deals other distributors for certain shows?

Yes, theyā€™ve lost Fox, but itā€™s not the end of the world.

Any shows from Paramount for example (who Ten have affiliation with already) that might work for Elevenā€™s target demos?

Well, they have Will & Grace, which seems to be hitting the right demos already. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s more where that came from (I assume Universal / NBC)

3 Likes

More Disney movies (formerly on Seven) will have their network premiere on Eleven Sunday week:

ā€¢ā€œThe Sixth Senseā€ (1999)
ā€¢ā€œGrosse Pointe Blankā€ (1997)

ā€¢ā€œCon Airā€ (1997) will be repeated too.

Something interesting, networks sometimes share titles (e.g.) Paramount - Ten & Nine (i.e.) ā€œMean Girlsā€ airing, after airing on 9Go! a few weeks ago.

Or maybe just ten picked up the touchstone package on the cheap. Seven no longer have an output deal.

1 Like

ā€œJersey Girlā€ (2004) having a network premiere on Eleven this Friday night.

Distributed in Australia via Roadshow.

Donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen a Roadshow film not on Nine (who seem to have had exclusivity for many many years).

More signs of content agreement changes?

It will be shown next Monday (November 13) at 8.30pm.
It was reviewed on Gogglebox this week. And there was a promo in the ad break straight after that!

3 Likes

Our own Toni Collette, with an incredible performance by a then young Haley Joel Osment + box office drawcard Bruce Willis.

One of the all time greats :film_projector:

Nice pick-up by Ten. Though canā€™t say I recall Seven airing it in recent years at all anyway.

ā€œSix Days, Seven Nightsā€ (1998) with Harrison Ford & Anne Heche has its network premiere on Eleven Friday week.

Yet another Disney (ex-Seven) pick-up.

Are we going to go through this for every film that is aired? Clearly ten bought a touchstone pictrues package on the cheap. Seven no longer have the rights to that output deal and have clearly let it lapse or decided not to renew.

9 Likes

Looks like I wonā€™t be watching Eleven anymore :frowning:

1 Like

I take it nothing has been announced on The Simpsons yet RE: New network(s)?

Point taken.

However Disney (including Touchstone) films are still airing on Seven? Perhaps just lapsing?

(e.g.) ā€œFace/Offā€ (1997) in some markets on 7mate, Saturday night just gone.

Are we going to go through this, while thereā€™s still no word?

1 Like

Iā€™ll endorse you having a dedicated movie spotting thread if it means keeping it out of all the scheduling threads.

4 Likes

Cheers, I shall endeavour to do so.

I am LukeMovieMan after all :smile: