Eleven - Programs and Schedules

Highly Unlikely we’ll see Supernatural on Eleven anytime soon with the Receivership Ten has at the Moment.

I reckon Seven will purchase The Simpsons rights.

Similar to The Big Bang Theory.

Mainly on 7mate nightly or something, but also when required on main channel and maybe 7flix?

Unless they’re required to purchase a 20th Century Fox package, similar to what Seven did with Warner Bros (which has included lots of network movie premieres).

Warner Bros is getting next to nothing from the Ten sale for the amount they are owed for Supernatural. So yes, there will have to be a new deal if it’s going to return.

1 Like

Interesting addition to Stan today , wonder if they will get the latest season or does a streaming service not get a first go at rights and free to air goes first ?

Depends on the agreement. There are plenty of shows that have their first run on streaming that are on free to air in the US. Designated Survivor on Netflix is one example.

1 Like

I would be interested to see if that happens. I’m assuming that is what ten currently want to do with the Fox agreement - buy a few shows rather than the package (most likely Simpsons, Modern Family and This is Us). But Fox want a package/agreement for all shows. I could be wrong though.

1 Like

Seven recently negotiated a Fox deal for selected movies (their last was in the 2000s).

Same for Nine a year or two ago.

“Volcano” (1997) network premiere is a good example last Saturday on 7mate, aired last year on Nine.

Interesting regarding Supernatural S13 there is a comment on the Stan Facebook page that says :

Stan. Hey Cheryl, we’re definitely getting Season 13 in future, but dates TBC right now :slight_smile: and

Hey Mel, it’s coming to Stan but no exact dates yet, stay tuned :smiley:

So not sure if that means they would get first run rights but delayed. Unless Ten still has the rights to the latest season for Eleven…

Ten must owe warner bros money for supernatural because it usually airs within a week of the US. One wonders why they wouldn’t just pay for the one show.

It may just end up on Stan.

1 Like

They do, and Warner is getting very little of what is owed.

2 Likes

Oh right I hadn’t seen them listed in the report. Shame they won’t renegotiate as I don’t mind supernatural.

Supernatural is in an odd predicament.
Supernatural has always been owned by Channel 9 - they have sublicensed the show to Ten from the very first episode. When Nine renegotiated the WB deal, Supernatural was one show they actually gave up on.

Ten would have had to then buy this latest new season as a separate program. At this time I have no idea what happened with contract negotiations with Supernatural after Nine let it go.

Ten may have purchased it, it may be complicated due to receivership or they may have not bid on it

1 Like

Hopefully they do and also pick up Bob’s Burgers and Futurama. Would give them a great Fox animation block for 7mate with Family Guy and American Dad.

3 Likes

If Seven got Bob’s Burgers. I hope catch up eps would be available and they don’t do what they do with Family Guy and American Dad where you can only watch it live with ads not on their catch up service.

This is a common Fox restriction with their animated properties, including The Simpsons.

Yes you can’t even catch up on animated fox shows on the foxtel app.

That’s weird because Bob’s Burgers was always on Tenplay as was Son of Zorn. So I assumed if another network gets it they would have it available for catchup (Bob’s Burger’s).

Yes I’m aware The Simpsons was never on catchup or Family Guy/American Dad.

Interesting…

“Shall We Dance” (2004) has a network premiere on Eleven, Friday week.

This is the first Village Roadshow distributed film I can remember being on another network other than Nine.

Nine have had exclusivity for a long time

It’ll be telling if another Roadshow film pops up on Ten.

Fox8 cashing in on the disappearing Simpsons on 11.

3 Likes

Was The Simpsons always available on Fox8 ?