Doctor Who

i know a lot of people arent happy with the fact that the doctor turned out to be timless child and think they have destroyed all of doctor who law in 60 minutes

Yeah but it kinda makes sense, although it’s a bit of a lacklustre origin story. I kinda got the feeling over this season that the writers are either being overly cautious or wanting for ideas. Dr Who fans can be a bit particular.

I liked the Cybermen-Time Lord superrace idea, but it should have happened much earlier in the storyline, maybe ep3, and the Dr spending the rest of the season sorting it out… the Death Particle just seemed a tad too convenient solution.
But oh well, perhaps at Christmas when the Daleks wheel along, we might have some classic Whooiness.

The UK audience of 3.78 million for the season 12 finale is also the second lowest overnight audience of the season. Overall, the first five episodes of this season all pulled at least four million viewers, but the last five episodes averaged less than four million.

I have no problem with the idea of pre-Hartnell incarnations. I think overall it was an alright episode. I do think this episode suffered a little from the same problem Moffatt’s two-parters did: amazing first part, less impressive second part.

The Cyber-Masters have potential to be a serious threat, hope they don’t get swept under the rug. Loved seeing the Fugitive Doctor again, hope we see more of her.

Theory: The old theory/in-universe revisionist history of the origin of regeneration was that Gallifreyans were exposed over billions of years to the Untempered Schism. What if that portal that the Timeless Child fell through WAS the schism or a version of it? River was exposed as a baby to the time vortex, makes sense that something similar might’ve happened to the Timeless Child too.

1 Like

The problematic episodes include the Tom Baker 1977 six-part series ‘The Talons of Weng-Chiang’, in which a white actor plays a Chinese character and makes multiple racial slurs.

After BritBox’s decision to continue showing these episodes was questioned by some fans, the episodes now come with a warning, which reads: “Contains stereotypes that some may find offensive.”

A thank you to real doctors from The Doctor/s

Big Finish Productions and BBC Studios announced that Eccleston is reprising the iconic role in Doctor Who: The Ninth Doctor Adventures – 12 audio adventures which will be released across four box sets. The first volume is scheduled for May 2021.

The series will also be available on limited-edition triple LP vinyls.

2 Likes
2 Likes

A festive season special is coming before Season 13 in 2021.

Doctor Who begins filming Season 13

Doctor Who’s biggest and most feared enemies the Daleks return in Revolution of the Daleks . The Doctor (Jodie Whittaker) is locked away in a high-security alien prison. Isolated, alone, with no hope of escape. Far away, on Earth, her best friends, Yaz, Ryan, and Graham have to pick up their lives without her. But it’s not easy. Old habits die hard. Especially when they discover a disturbing plan forming. A plan which involves a Dalek. How can you fight a Dalek, without the Doctor?

1 Like
2 Likes

2 Likes

Officially there are 13 Doctors but the drawing above shows 15. Who are the extra two? I think Jo Martin is the lady standing next to Jodie Whittaker.

Third from the right is John Hurt - The War Doctor. (Day of the Doctor)

But Eleven says he does not recognise him as a Doctor because of what he did during the Time War.

This is not offical artwork either. However they do officially, for some crazy reason, call Jo Martin and John Hurt doctors.

1 Like

The main Doctors that lead the show are the numbered Doctors First through Thirteenth. Counting Doctors and faces is simple for First to Eighth, then it gets a little complex.

The Eighth Doctor regenerated into John Hurt and rejected the name “Doctor” to fight in the Time War so he doesn’t have a number in his name, but he’s still the same person as the others so he still counts. After the War Doctor you continue counting as normal for Ninth through Thirteenth but the numbers are out of sync by one (i.e. Thirteenth Doctor is actually the fourteenth face overall). And Jo Martin is an unknown Doctor, we don’t know where she fits in yet.

And there’s your fifteen Doctors. First through Thirteenth, plus John Hurt and Jo Martin. :blush:

P.S. If I added regeneration into the explanation it would throw the numbers out of whack again and is a bit hard to follow so if anyone really wants to know you’re welcome to PM me. I’d rather not explode everyone’s heads on here :joy:

1 Like