Doctor Who

where from?

your sorce please??? as there wrong

My theory is whenever Doctor Who returns next year, it will be on Mondays, leaving The Drum on Tuesdays-Fridays.

I don’t remember. I can just remember reading a news article a few weeks ago saying something about them having not started filming yet and that they wouldn’t have enough time to film and edit it, so there won’t be a 2019 season.

Cannot remember which publication it was that I read it from

Radio Times had a follow up

1 Like

Monday 10 December

6:00pm Doctor Who Series Final

I really enjoyed “The Witchfinders”, it felt like a healthy blend of classic alien invasion and Chibnall’s signature human conditioning. I’ve missed alien stories this series.

Festive Special – Wednesday 2 January - First on iview or 7.30pm on ABC

With 2018 marking a brand-new era for Doctor Who it is only right that 2019 kicks off in spectacular style. So, to mark the occasion, the TARIDS will travel though the time vortex from its traditional Boxing timeslot and will land in style on 2nd January with the Doctor Who festive special available on ABC iview directly after the UK’s broadcast, then that evening at 7.30pm on ABC.

As the New Year begins, a terrifying evil is stirring from across the centuries of Earth’s history. As the Doctor (Jodie Whittaker), Ryan (Tosin Cole), Graham (Bradley Walsh) and Yaz (Mandip Gill) return home, will they be able to overcome the threat to planet Earth?

Jodie Whittaker will return as Doctor Who but don’t expect the new series until 2020.

Also, the festive special will be called Resolution.

This is a bad idea. They should keep the momentum up since they already had a hiatus between S9 and S10. Any new viewers the series picked up in S10 and S11 might not stick around waiting a whole year.

Though if this break will bring us better written stories for S12 then maybe…

Promo for Wednesday 2 January

Villain has been teased/confirmed…

EXTERMINATE!!

Just saw Resolution during dinner. Brilliant episode but script writing can be better.

1 Like

I liked Resolution overall. They’ve tried to bring back some of the fear of the Daleks from the RTD era. I loved the look of the junkyard Dalek and replacing the plunger with claws. But Jodie does deserve better quality scripts.

However, I think creating a “recon Dalek” idea to explain new “natural” abilities (dead body parts teleporting to come back to life, controlling humans) was a bit silly. And disbanding UNIT for a cheap call centre gag was stupid; I want to see the fallout from the alien takeover of UNIT in the Doctor Mysterio special.

It all seemed rushed. Would have been better over a 4-ep arc (like the old days); let the storylines fester and develop properly, have the Dr’s first attempt to to save the day fail before the final Resolution (pun intended).

Seemed odd that the dustbin could fly, given it was a bodge-job…

In Britain, 5.15 million viewers saw Resolution, compared to 5.7 million who saw the Christmas 2017 special Twice Upon a Time.

Series 12 finished filming

1 Like