Disney+

Disney+ advertising on a bus in Sydney.

9 Likes

I saw the same thing in Brisbane yesterday.

2 Likes

I just saw a commercial for Disney+ on Channel 7.

5 Likes

And the ad is using incorrect classifications (generic “G”, “PG”, etc in little circles), suggesting the ads have been made in the US. Distributed by Disney’s Australian arm but not edited.

2 Likes

Disney+ will launch in the United Kingdom, France, Germany, Italy and Spain on March 31st.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Disney should know better than to put out this altered rubbish.

5 Likes

According to this guy it will be:

while this article says it won’t be:

The Disney+ Australia Instagram page posted yesterday saying that The Simpsons would be on the service here.

2 Likes

I’ll subscribe if Disney return the Simpsons eps to their native format

3 Likes

A video with all Disney+ content that will be available at launch in Australia. This includes the Simpsons!

8 Likes

There were many media stories that Disney+ in Australia would not be getting The Simpsons. They were all guessing and were all wrong.

5 Likes

My understanding is the media office for Disney+ in Australia has been largely useless and has been unable to give accurate information, if at all.

4 Likes

Done :heavy_check_mark:

Interesting that seemingly it’s both broadcast and svod that has the cropped/stretched episodes. Suggesting 20th Century Fox TV have been distributing globally in all forms like that.

Anyone know if current DVDs original or cropped? What about iTunes/Google Play? Can you purchase on YouTube?

4 Likes

Promo for The Mandalorian on Disney+ shown during the end credits of Rogue One on Nine.

4 Likes

The original DVD release has it in its original aspect ratio 4:3. I’ve just registered for th4]e us Disney plus it’s good so far. Like what I’m seeing on there that I can watch.

It has only been one or two years since Fox had The Simpsons remastered in 16:9 format. The DVD releases would be from before that time. As Fox invested to get the re-formatting done, their recent global distribution of the product has all been in 16:9.

Interesting that they have decided to revert their Disney+ streaming back to 4:3 copies.

2 Likes

They will be giving the option to view 4:3 and 16:9

3 Likes