Disney+

I was reading that article, and it mentioned only the first 19 seasons. So it means about 13 episodes (including the myPod one) will still be in only cropped versions unless it’s an article error.

The article indicates it is all 4:3 episodes.

1 Like

Being Disney management, not the original Fox management.

1 Like

Same as Simpsons World. This whole scenario is exactly what happened when Simpsons World tried to force viewers to watch these 16:9 conversions a few years ago. Eventually they caved in and offered both versions.

What Disney should have done for the launch of Disney+ is a proper “remaster” of all the old Simpsons episodes.

3 Likes

I wonder if this will affect ratings for repeats of The Simpsons on 7 mate or whatever multi channel of 7 they air Flix? .

I assume 7 stll has first run new episodes.

1 Like

Correct, Disney Australia and New Zealand managing director Kylie Watson-Wheeler confirming Seven still has first run rights to The Simpsons season 30. The first 29 seasons will all be available on Disney+ locally from tomorrow.

1 Like

Understanding the “no latest season content internationally” thing, will Season 30 be added once Season 31 finishes in the USA?

And I just remembered that Seven aren’t really airing Season 31 cause the deal might’ve been only for 2 (new) seasons, and I actually saw a promo promoting “Classic Simpsons” last month (even if they were starting to air Season 20 via 7mate).

1 Like

And it’s really annoying, made you giddy. My partner changed the channel cause it did her head in. Lol

They did it on Seven too.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Same during RBT on Nine too.

It’s now active in Australia.

3 Likes

Is the app on Telstra TV? Or earlier Apple TVs?

My son is hassling me so much for this, but our Stan subscription has just rolled over for another month, (plus Foxtel, Netflix and Anime lab) so I am reluctant for another subscription.

1 Like

Disney+ is brilliant - much more content than I expected. I predict a smash hit worldwide.

1 Like

I still prefer 10 All Access…

Is this a joke?

The

indicates to me that it is a joke.

1 Like

Not necessarily

It should be obvious.