Disney+

It’s teal.

4 Likes

Sorry yes teal. Just meant that Hulu is green and so the addition of Hulu is why they have gone to that shade.

I agree I preferred the blue, but I do like the new app intro.

Is Disney+ asleep at the wheel, would have thought they would have had People vs OJ Simpson on their landing page / recommended by now… If you have a back catalogue, promote it

1 Like

You don’t think that’s distasteful when he just died?

TV networks do this all the time when public figures die.

If you’re going to watch one, watch the extraordinary documentary made around the same time.

5 Likes

That’s the point. You really haven’t heard of this? It’s usually done as a celebration of the life of the deceased but yeah, I wouldn’t be doing it for such a controversial figure like OJ was.

No different from tv networks shoehorning Sean Connery Bond films in after his death to cite just one example.

2 Likes

NBC quickly scheduled the OJ special for their Thursday night Dateline program.

2 Likes

I said it’s disrespectful, both to his family and the victims of crimes. I don’t think it’s the time for Disney to be thinking of cashing in on his death by promoting a miniseries about his crimes or alleged crimes.

It’s very different to celebrating a loved actor who has passed away.

Exactly the point.

Just starting to watch the new Hulu series “we were the lucky ones” on Disney+ and I’ve noticed a “Star original” watermark in the bottom left corner. Not seen much content on streaming services being watermarked.

Disappeared after the first minute or so. Was odd nonetheless.

1 Like

Maybe Disney is watermarking Hulu/Star content to distinguish Disney+ from typical streamers, by giving it a more linear TV vibe?

1 Like

The first two episodes will premiere in the US on June 6, followed by new episodes weekly on Thursdays.
The Australian premiere date (on Disney+) is TBA.

1 Like

Anyone have any intel as to when S3 of Abbott Elementary will air in Aus??

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/CBSNews/status/1787920337264312372?t=9lLWLUIf0woOGy4sSiutqA&s=19

Signed up to watch what?

The content output this year has been next to none.

They need to ramp this up fast. There’s been no real Disney+ Originals for months. Very very poor.

Really?

Shogun (one of the best shows this year IMO)
Xmen 97
The Veil
We Were The Lucky Ones (also very good)
Tracker
Shardlake

That’s just off the top of my head some kids stuff and new seasons of other shows.

Add to that the writers and actors strikes of last year too.

2 Likes

Shogun not a Disney+ Original. FX.
The Veil is also FX.
XMen 97 is.
We were the lucky ones is Hulu.
Tracker? No such show on Disney+.
Shardlake is Disney+.

So you’ve named 2. Compared to over 50 at least on Netflix.

Netflix are pumping out Originals weekly. That’s that target Disney should be having. There’s not enough being commissioned.

Are you being obtuse on purpose?

Sorry I really do not get your point at all. They’re on the Disney+ service and are exclusive to that service. Who cares which strand of that company commissioned it? They all fall under the same umbrella of the same content family. I watch Shogun on Disney+. I don’t think about it being a FX show…I’m not sure why I would?

Netflix pumps out an incredible amount of sludge weekly. Most of it is absolute dreck with a couple of gems once in a while. If D+’s sub numbers are healthy that would suggest they’re performing, by retaining customers and attracting new ones with the content they’re offering.

(Tracker is on Disney+ NZ, btw)

3 Likes

I see them as very different things.

So take Paramount Plus. Do you think dropping 2 x NCIS, 3 x FBI, Elsbeth etc all the “CBS” shows, count as Paramount Plus originals?

Of course they don’t.

How’s this any different on Disney+?