Disney+

Cruela is $35 to watch? Am I the only one that thinks that is ridiculous?

2 Likes

It is meant to be the same cost as a ticket to the cinema (or above)?

I assume they factor in groups of 2 or 3 or 4 buying tickets at the cinema. I wouldn’t pay that for this though.

1 Like

It’s meant to be the cost of tickets for a group of people (like a family). If you’re living at home by yourself or not living with anyone else who would watch it, it’s not great value.

1 Like

I paid because I have my 11 year old niece staying with me for a few weeks. We freaking loved every minute of it.

1 Like

Not as ridiculous as the reason why Cruella is so evil.

She wants to avenge her mother who was pushed off a balcony accidentally by dalmatians. Yes, really

1 Like

Not sure why they only have Season 1 and 2 of 8 Simple Rules.

Cruella wasn’t evil. I just watched it. My boyfriend couldn’t wait.

Hulu has all of King of the Hill, Bobs Burgers and Family Guy

1 Like

In this instance it appears neither Disney itself nor any of it’s entities had any production involvement other than Hulu ordering the series. So essentially it’s just a buy in and the companies who did make it are the ones selling the international rights. Disney still hasn’t got global reach with Disney+/Star so obviously Amazon could offer more.

Anyway, I’m still waiting for Disney+/Star to put up the new season of Animaniacs… /s :stuck_out_tongue: :grin:

3 Likes

Watched Cruella over the weekend and it was freaking enjoyable. I really REALLY enjoyed it, was thoroughly entertained the whole time, would recommend.

3 Likes

I agree I have watched it twice. 35 seemed steep but it was worth it

2 Likes

It is steep, for sure but I enjoyed it.

I went to the cinemas last week whilst I was in Auckland for work and the ticket cost me $26 which is more than I’ve spent in the cinema in a long time.

1 Like

Yeah the cinema is expensive. The $35 is definitely cheaper and at least you don’t buy the drink and popcorn

In Auckland I did and that was another $12 :stuck_out_tongue: I wanted to treat myself haha it had been a while since I’d been to the cinema and I was all alone for work :rofl:

1 Like

1 Like

It’s great that the planned movie is now a six hour documentary. However, I’m disappointed that no cinema release has been announced for any portion of the series, but I’m hoping that the full concert section gets a cinema release in the future. It would be a success if it happened, I think.

https://twitter.com/tvtonightau/status/1405718179477864449?s=19