Disney+

Good news that Star will include movies from 20th Century Fox back catalogue including some Hollywood classics.

Don’t make me tap the sign

17 Likes

Really? Simpsons new seasons don’t go on Disney+ until aired on 7 Mate or do i have that wrong.

It depends on the deal. Some shows might have broadcast exclusivity before they are available for streaming services, others may not.

5 Likes
1 Like

Season 16 of American Dad added as well as Dog with a Blog, Pair of Kings, Secrets of Sulphur Springs and American Dragon:Jake Long.

Someone told me (I don’t watch it on 7mate) that this is the “new season” that is currently airing on 7Mate?

1 Like

Has anyone signed up to Disney+ since Star was added?

I’m finding the Star library content a bit ‘meh’

I already had Disney+ but I am loving star. Watching it the most atm with Netflix and stan close behind.

1 Like

Yeah I already had it too. And wouldn’t get rid of it, the Disney content is stellar.

And know it’s early days for the Star strand but it all feels a little like movies I’ve either seen heaps before (especially 90s ones) or movies I have no desire to see ever.

1 Like

And like what Bort was saying, Seven also don’t have digital for The Simpsons (even after broadcast the eps don’t go up on 7Plus nor after any encore/repeat on a channel), unlike Family Guy and others which do. So they’re all very different deals.

2 Likes

Given the massive 20th Century Fox and Disney back catalogue, I reckon Disney+ didn’t want to release old series and movies all at once, and will slowly upload them over time.

4 Likes

I’m of the same view too. However, think it’ll improve over the next few years as things like FX content move to the service once existing agreements end.

1 Like

:weary:

1 Like

I found the old Romeo and Juliet from the 90’s with Claire Danes on it , remember watching that in Year 10 English lol. There’s a few Robin Wiliams movies I have not yet seen on there i think.

They have to fix their watchlist thing, you can only see 50 titles .

1 Like

I’m sure that’ll provide you with hours and hours and hours to get started, then just get rid of ones you watch and add new ones?

1 Like

I’ve paid for a year of Disney + I enjoy older movies & tv so I’m starting with criminal minds
3 billboards of Epping is one movie I’ve just watched highly recommend it

I like the Star library but feel it needs better curation in the way the films are displayed/sorted/categorised.

I’m ok with the big back catalouge of content and I don’t mind rewatching older 90’s/classic films so for me the $89.95 I’ve paid up until October 2021 is great value, I have nothing to really complain about with it.

4 Likes

To be honest I didn’t even notice, someone had told me about it and saying other streaming services you can add more. I have around 40 something titles added anyway so plenty to keep me subscribed.

There used to be an A to Z sorting option it has gone now. Also some of the descriptions are quite vague eg The Whispers it just says as a description of the show "Claire is called in to investigate’

But yeah I’m on the $89.99 through Itunes , pretty good value :slight_smile: with the addition of Star.

Great movie that :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri ?)

Oops yess that’s the right name of the movie sorry I wasn’t too sure of the correct title but definitely the best movie I’ve watched

2 Likes