Disney+

I think it was more than that…?

6 Likes

A whole lot more. Anti-Vax, Qanon type stuff, Transphobia…

4 Likes

Eyecatching projects announced today include Star mafia drama The Good Mothers , which puts mob women in the frame and is produced by Brexit: The Uncivil War outfit House Productions and Wildside, the Italian producer behind HBO’s We Are Who We Are . Quoc Dang Tran, the writer behind Netflix’s Marianne , has created fantasy parallel dimension series Parallels for Disney+, while Deutschland 83 creator Jörg Winger will tell the story of East Germany’s first black police officer in Star’s Sam – A Saxon .

Documentaries include an access series on Dutch soccer giants Feyenoord, which promises to be Star’s answer to Netflix show Sunderland ‘Til I Die. Over in comedy, Disney+ is rebooting Fox Networks Group’s show-within-a-show series, Boris , after three previous seasons and a feature film.

1 Like

RE: Greys switches from Seven to Stan.

Seven have clearly re-negotiated (yet again) a new ‘deal’ with Disney-ABC, as also evidenced by regaining rights to a series of movies (although from non- Walt Disney Pictures banner) such as “The Sixth Sense”, “Ransom” and “Flightplan” to name a few (all of which 10 last had rights to).

I notice “Con Air” is also returning, on Seven’s main channel tomorrow night.

Maybe and I wonder if we’ll see a sponsorship deal, with Star ads across Seven to promote the new platform’s launch soon? There has been lots of Disney / Disney+ ads on Seven the last year, especially since Nine-Stan relationship broke down.

They haven’t “re-negotiated (yet again)”. A contract ends and then they negotiate a new contract.

1 Like

Well if they need Zac Efron he’s already in Australia.

Possibly not, as I don’t thank it’s been on 10 for some time now with it most recently airing across the 7 Network.

But again, there are big differences in contracts for FTA, BVOD and SVOD and they can all co-exist where the same title/s can be viewed in multiple places due to this.

6 Likes

Correct.

FTA and BVOD would be part of the same contract with a network though and as we know, the mainstream/Hollywood movies are non-existent on 7Plus, 9Now and 10Play (with Foxtel, Netflix, Stan and Disney+ having those streaming rights - SBS On Demand seems to be the exception to this though, they upload lots of mainstream movies after broadcast, some have long runs while others have short expiry windows).

Some titles already added eg search Bob’s Burgers and 10 seasons are up. Greys Anatomy searchable but no episodes.

I should add this as a banner across the site :thinking:

8 Likes

A catchy slogan if I’ve ever read one.

1 Like

So are new episodes of Greys going to be streaming week to week?

I’ve been tricked, Star has gone live and all the Grey’s Anatomy on there is Seasons 15 and 16. This is the only reason I’ve subscribed. Feel like I’ve been ripped off. Hopefully the new season is on there soon.

1 Like

Disney+ don’t currently hold the rights to Seasons 1-14 - because they were onsold to Stan.

1 Like

I joined for Season 17, seen all the rest.

Ep 1 arrives this Friday with episodes dropping weekly - I’m already up to date with the US but Star should catch up quickly.

1 Like

So does Disney get the stuff back or does Stan keep it eg Family Guy , Greys etc.

Stan has Seasons 1 to 16 of Family Guy and Star has Season 18 . Where is Season 17 gonna end up I wonder? Stan or Star?

Was surprised they had Season 10 of Bob’s Burgers, thought Foxtel hadn’t finished airing that yet? Wonder if new episodes will air here first or not.

1 Like

I’d imagine the rights will revert to Star/Disney+ whenever they expire with Stan… but strange Disney licensed the content to Stan as they would’ve known the plan for Star long ago… perhaps it’s only a 12 month deal and we will see it on Star shortly?!

1 Like