Digital TV Technical Discussion

Not really, ABC Kids is for the babies and toddlers and ABC Me for the kids up to teens. Quite a difference in the age levels of the shows although there are some double ups.

3 Likes

no there not abc me is for children 12 and up and abc kids are from 3-12

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Analysis of the ratings system

I agree, but I would personally arrange it like so:

2 - ABC
20 - ABC HD
21 - ABC Comedy
22 - ABC Kids
23 - ABC Me
24 - ABC News

The result is minimal channel number interference (Kids stays on 22, we keep “Me on 3”, and News stays on 24). Screwing around with long-standing channel numbers will only frustrate (and likely confuse) viewers.

6 Likes

Yeah that does look better. Simulcast days are numbered, might as well start by culling 21.

Would arrange it as follows to better separate the two “kids” channels from the comedy channel

2 - ABC
20 - ABC HD
21 - ABC Kids
22 - ABC ME
23 - ABC Comedy
24 - ABC News

6 Likes

Well I would arrange it as follows (seeings as everyone is jumping on the “me too” bandwagon)
2 - ABC HD MPEG4
20 - ABC SD
21 - ABC Kids
22 - ABC ME
23 - ABC Comedy MPEG4 running 24/7
24 - ABC News MPEG4

3 Likes

huh?

1 Like

Hope this is the right thread

Visiting some fam in reg VIC (in Ballarat now).

Can get 7flix and audio, but no picture (“not formatted”)?

Can they receive the Racing.com channel?

1 Like

Both are being received and audio, but blue screens saying “not formatted”?

Prime did say that regional 7flix & Racing required MPEG4, correct? Probably the reason (older TV, despite this cabin being brand new).

Whereas MPEG4 was removed in metro, so every tv in all 5 cities could reveive.

If Racing.com is the same that means the TV can’t receive MPEG4. (Also means no HD on ABC, SBS, WIN or Nine).

1 Like

Yep, correct.

Damn annoying. Was told by the Big4 manager “this is a brand new cabin” and assumed the Hisense TV was also therefore new.

But obviously no MPEG4.

4 Likes

Update

Good news (well, for me anyway, selfishly :smile:) the smaller Hisense in the bedroom however does have MPEG4 it seems, receiving all 7flix, Racing & HD channels.

Go figure.

Hisense ~"30 plasma:

The same:

Hisense ~"15 LCD:

1 Like

No Racing.com and 7flix is grounds for a refund. I suggest you confront the manager, and record it so my lawyers and I can “begin work” on your behalf.

I once took the Crown Plaza Alice Springs to the High Court over the lack of Nine Guide in my room.

Found your problem.

11 Likes

tell the managers they need to seriously update there tvs or get a settop box

2 Likes

What’s worse: An accommodation TV that couldn’t receive the MPEG4 channels or dodgy analogue quality Pay TV channels in 4.3 stretched to 16.9? I personally think they’re about equal.

8 Likes

Hisense are pretty well regarded TVs these days…
They’re up there with LG and Samsung for features and certainly Value for Money.
Only really trail Sony in the area of picture processing but not by a big margin,

I can only say they must be pretty old TVs.

2 Likes

Oh yes, a classic case

13 Likes

Looking forward to the mini series.

Now who should play Matlock?

Jim Carrey perhaps :laughing:

2 Likes