Digital TV Technical Discussion

In Bendigo, 7mate SD isn’t a placeholder yet and ishoptv is still on 65. Is this happening anywhere else?

Fetch does not like this rescan at all

2 Likes

I’ve got

60 7HD Tamworth
61 7 Tamworth
62 7two Tamworth
63 7mate Tamworth
64 7mateHD Tamwort
65 7bravo
66 7flix
67 ishoptv

2 Likes

New slide on 73 (metro) - a bit more stylish that the original that had been used in Regional Queensland.

7 Likes

75 not appearing on Fetch despite re-tuning

1 Like

Bit irritating to have it on 74 rather than 73 when 73 has nothing now. Are they going to irritate people further by then switching the channel back to 73 in 6-12 months time?

5 Likes

That’s what I mean. Why didn’t they do it now? Will they need 63 to do a 7two simulcast later on?

2 Likes

I ran a quick TSReader scan across the local frequencies - you’ll probably have to download the html files to view them properly:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1L9AsWID5vqZG4rvbsdONPlg8g3eXzrTr

2 Likes

When I came home after work this evening, I turned on the TV and checked the EPG, and noticed that LCN 75 (formerly openshop) now has the caption “channel coming soon”.

Do I still need to retune?

1 Like

Toowoomba Seven is as follows

6/60/61- 7HD in MPEG 2 HD
62- 7two HD in MPEG4 HD
63- 7twoHD (7two moved Place holder) MPEG4 SD
64- 7mate HD MPEG4 HD
66 7flix MPEG4 SD (Looks very low bitrate)
68 racing.com MPEG4 SD (Looks quite low bitrate)

But no Bravo been detected by either my Hisense TV or DVB-T/T2/S box

Also of note is the fact they have 7flix as MPEG sound not AAC, also noticed that 7two HD now has AC3 sound but was MPEG previously

3 Likes

I’m a little surprised Seven have chosen LCN 75 for 7bravo.

I thought they would have used LCN 77 for something by now, you’d think that number would be too good to not use? What are they waiting for?

2 Likes

Bendigo Seven is as follows

6/61 - 7 in MPEG2 SD
60 - 7HD in MPEG 4 HD
62 - 7two in MPEG 2 SD
63 - 7mate in MPEG 2 SD
64 - 7mate HD MPEG4 HD
65 - ishoptv MPEG4 SD
66 - 7flix MPEG4 SD
68 racing.com MPEG4 SD

In other words the Bendigo channels haven’t changed, ishoptv is still on 65 and 7mate SD is still working not a slide.

2 Likes

Canberra just now

3 Likes

Tassie has been MPEG4 for a little while now, maybe we were the testing ground for 7…

2 Likes

Interesting reading the comments on 7’s socials. There is at least one comment telling those in Riverland (SA) to contact WIN Television regarding the missing channels :crazy_face:

2 Likes

7TWO is not working in Regional QLD. Ch72 & 73 are showing 7mate now on Channel 74 slide. I retuned but nothing changed. Anyone else the same?

3 Likes

No problems on Sunshine Coast.

72 = 7Two HD
73 = 7Two slide
74 = 7Mate HD

2 Likes

I’m in Mackay and this is what I’ve got:

Also none of the Seven channels have EPG guides on the TV and Seven is in MPEG2-SD not HD. 7mate, 7flix and Racing.com are all working normal. 7TWO channels are also in MPEG2-SD.

4 Likes

not sure if you’re being sarcastic but that’s probably the correct advice for Seven to give

1 Like

That’s strange as the slide there is the same one used in metro areas on LCN 73 atm.

2 Likes