Digital TV Technical Discussion

If a rescan didn’t fix it, the only other step I can suggest is a factory reset in case the TV isn’t performing a rescan correctly while existing channels are tuned.

Failing that, ring Seven and let them know. If it’s an error with the way they’ve set things up for your market, sometimes viewer complaints are what make them aware of the issue.

3 Likes

Turns out my Panasonic TV was a bit tardy, it took another 24 hours before the retuning took place. Now 7bravo had officially appeared on the EPG.

1 Like

No, not sarcastic, and I agree with you. Just makes me laugh that this happens every time a channel is launched

1 Like

7Bravo still not showing on Fetch

1 Like

Oh, I should probably mention that my tv did update itself when the change happened and now picks up 7bravo but just skips to the next channel because the channel hasn’t started.

First time I’ve switched on 7flix since the MPEG4 switchover and despite still being SD, the picture quality looks significantly sharper.

2 Likes

So how long do we think it will take before we start to see abc, sbs,7,9 and 10 all start to switch their main channel numbers to HD? Changing from the current numbers.

I see the opposite happening where they drop the old legacy numbers completely in preference to just having the 70+, 90+ etc. series of LCN’s

Still use the ABC, SBS, 7, 9 & 10 network names, just push the main channel brand name like they do for their multi’s without reference to the LCN.
Channel numbers don’t really mean anything today.

I would think ABC, SBS, Seven and Nine would preference a single digit LCN rather than doubles. Ten is somewhat at a disadvantage though maybe eventually they’ll push 1 as its primary LCN. Because people still use channel numbers and one key press would be preferable to two. Why force people to go to channel 70 or 90 when they could just go to 7 or 9.

I set the single digit channel numbers on my TV to point to the HD channels, so I go to channel 2 which takes me to ABC HD, 7 to 7HD, etc.

7 Likes

I would have to agree. Especially since most of my family still think that 2,3,7,9 and 10 all seem to be the better choice even though there in sd. To them anyway.

1 Like

Channel 75 now has a placeholder slide. 1080i MPEG4

Channel 73 also appears to no longer have a service attached to the LCN

7 Likes

The LCN name for 7Bravo has now added a city/region, eg. 7Bravo Sydney.

2 Likes

HD is interesting. Perhaps Seven plan on having their entire spectrum in HD soon then including 7flix

9 Likes

Seven Regional too. 63 has disappeared also. Basically this is the LCN list now (Bendigo):

6 7 Bendigo
60 7HD Bendigo
61 7 Bendigo
62 7two Bendigo
64 7mateHD Bendigo
65 7Bravo
66 7flix
67 ishoptv
68 RACING. COM

Very happy 7Bravo looks to be in MPEG4 HD, it will be a clear difference to Nine and Ten, especially in regional areas where WIN9 and SCA10 only have 1 HD channel, and even more in RQLD where 7, 7two, 7mate and 7Bravo will be in HD. Time for 7two and 7flix to become MPEG-4 HD.

2 Likes

Just 7Bravo in Bendigo like how it is just “7flix” not “7flix Bendigo”

2 Likes

I’m getting 7Bravo Brisbane, 7Bravo Gold Coast and 7Bravo Sunshine Coast (LCN 65).

Audio on 7Bravo is MPEG AAC LATM

Regional Queensland has lost LCN 73 with the 7Two placeholder (7Two now on 72).

Metro has lost LCN 73 with the 7Mate placeholder (7Mate now on 74)

4 Likes

Same in Melbourne

5 Likes

Why wouldn’t they put 73 as 7mate and 74 as 7flix like the old days… Seems strange to me

1 Like

I guess that is the plan. Slow switchover. First the removal of SD 73.

Next I assume:

• 73 becomes 7two HD
  • 72 switches to “Switch to 73 in HD” placeholder

Then

• Removal of 72 SD placeholder
  • 73 (7two) and 74 (7mate) switch back to their original channel positions
  • If Bravo is indeed going to be in HD, I assume 7flix will also just do a hard switchover to HD on 76.

Once Seven completes this transition, I don’t see any reason for Nine and 10 to go through this transition period and they should be able to hard-switch their channels to MPEG4 HD

4 Likes

If they do then i wonder how long before they all start doing it.