Digital Radio

So far no moving text on GB.

I will keep an eye on it.

Thanks. But you have to PRESS the volume/scroll control to see the same pic on my attachment & then maybe use the INFO button for the scrolling text but it automatically defaults to the scrolling text screen on 2GB, then after a few seconds it shows the full screen station slideshow. You can override that by togging between screens with the press of the volume control. The fullscreen DAB+ slideshow images are fine. Fault only generated with moving/scrolling text & when scrolling through menu options or when things change on the screen (with the exception of the full screen DAB+ slideshow images)

Thereā€™s lots to discover with the radio. Apart from the above distraction/annoyance I really like the radio.

!

Thanks you taught me something. Most interesting radio I have owned just wish it had an am band.

1 Like

Thanks. Youā€™re welcome. Your screen looks good to me.
Iā€™ve probably some dry joint on a capacitor lead (used to suppress noise) from the screen driver display chip or something related to noise I reckon responsible for what I would best describe as display screen noise - faulty on my radio. Iā€™ll ponder about the fault over the next few days.

Yes AM would have been nice, but have plenty of radioā€™s for that.

Iā€™m yet to play with the memories, register for inputting new Internet radio stations not in the directory, or try Spotify or link with my PC music directory etc. So much to play with & configure with this feature rich radio.

I had a Morphy Richards DRM radio. It was menu driven like this radio (but more so) & lots of settings etc, but was so very quirky & odd to operate. This Bush radioā€™s menu system is quite good, the PDF guide isnā€™t perfect though, can tell it wasnā€™t written by a native English speaker, but donā€™t need to refer to it that often.

Thanks again for your very welcome prompt feedback :slight_smile:

2 Likes

2MFM now have a Digital Slideshow image within their DAB+ digital signal ensemble.
Just the one image showing their logo. Takes a while to load.

1 Like

Itā€™s Ramadan, the image size might be out of energy due to fasting. :grin:

1 Like

Easy Hits has an all-80s weekend. Iā€™m finding it a nice change from The 80s (ARN). I find The 80s a bit repetitive and stale sounding. Although there are too many ads on Easy Hits they are at least including some 80s commentary and clever intros to the songs, and the songs sound a bit fresher.

3 Likes

From Radioinfo:

The formerly SCA-backed Kinderling Kids Radio - the online and digital radio station for under-5s - has partnered with ARN, and will be available across the networkā€™s DAB+ digital spectrum and iHeartRadio platfrom from July 1.

Read more at: https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/sca-backed-kinderling-kids-radio-partners-arn

2 Likes

i wonder how much time kinderling has left now that ABC is in the same space. although i canā€™t imagine kinderling being expensive to run. the only show that could cost anything is the conversation hour

In other words, they got a better deal out of ARN for their spectrum. Bit rates crunched further.

1 Like

SCA probably upped the price given their success at montising their digital stations. They can now add another of their own stations in each market.

Thereā€™ll probably have to be some form of ā€œRetune Your Radioā€ campaign for Kinderlingā€™s move to ARN?

To make room for Kinderling, I reckon ARN may merge their currently separate 80s & 90s channels into one. Canā€™t see Chemist Warehouse Remix or The Edge being removed.

That would be fine by me; I prefer to hear 80s and 90s hits together. Retro Hit Radio in NZ does this well. I listened to SCAā€™s More Digital quite often which was a superior product to OldSkool imo.

1 Like

Urban Hits? Itā€™d be an awful waste to create a logo just for a Spotify playlist :wink:

4 Likes

Iā€™d like a ā€˜Variety Hitsā€™ station that takes the 2Day format national, maybe they could remove Old Skool and have an Urban station that does both newer and older tracks in that genre.

2 Likes

Late last year I discovered a surprise fantastic program on Kinderling Radio called Regression Session with Barry Divola exploring the childhood lives of well known personalities

I was captivated by an interview with actor Steve Bisley during a random tune across the DAB+ band last year.

Links to these interviews can still be found on the Kinderling Radio website re Regression Session Interviews.

1 Like

FWIW, itā€™s not widely publicised, but RSN927 air womenā€™s football on their Carnival digital channel.

As an example, this week thereā€™s a game on Saturday from 3pm and a game on Sunday from 2pm. None next week though (the competition has a bye round).

1 Like

RSN calling this themselves or more from the House of Hutchy, Crocmedia?

2 Likes

Why canā€™t RSN Carnival 2 can be Reused as 3UZ Memories playing Hit Music from the Era where 3UZ was Melbourneā€™s No,1 Station???

1 Like

Both Carnival and Carnival 2 are already starved of bits. Wouldnā€™t be ideal for music.

1 Like