Digital Radio

No - as posted above, not in Brisbane where it’s B105

3 Likes

So is it supposed to be HIT Oldskool or 2Day Oldskool? Same goes for Easy, Buddha, Dance and Urban.

The question is what is each digital station using on-air?

1 Like

They seem to have rolled back to the older branding, sweepers saying “Oldskool Hits” or just not naming the station.

1 Like

Bit of a mix in Hobart at the moment.

9 Likes

what radio is that??

1 Like

Blaupunkt BCR-9 I think… A freebie they gave stations

4 Likes

It’s a dud…don’t buy one. It can’t receive Canberra DAB in Bungendore, and the sound quality is fairly ordinary.

4 Likes

It just sits on my desk tuned to our station 24/7 as a monitor (better quality than the 4khz off air feed coming through the desk phones lol), but is an alright radio for just tuning around to see what’s on while at the desk. I’ve got the line output plugged into the audio input on my computer so that I can record it if I want to, which is nice.

3 Likes

really seems like a nice radio too, but out of stock in most places.

2 Likes

The buttons on mine have become very unreliable over time. Pressing one button will result in the other ones being pressed as well – e.g. trying to press mode might make it turn off. Mine is branded ‘Bush’, but I believe it’s the same radio.

2 Likes

Same here. I wonder if this can be fixed. Really annoying. I like it has internet radio.

2 Likes

My apologies, I think I have the wrong radio. My (dud) one is the Blaupunkt BR-90DABi

2 Likes

Have one of those. Unit works reasonably well but with a few quirks, I’m not surprised to read you’ve had trouble

2 Likes

FM reception is horrible; a lot of self interference. This is probably also why DAB+ doesn’t decode in a marginal signal area like Bungendore. The Internet radio section works okay though.

I much prefer streaming via my new boombox:

4 Likes

Getting a hint of Canberra DAB tonight.

But 1 bar (out of 16) isn’t enough to get a lock unfortunately…

Sydney is 15 out of 16 though.

7 Likes

Briefly got a reasonable signal! 5 bars out of 16.

Amazed that HIT104.7 is 112 kbps.

11 Likes

@Radiohead what DAB+ radio are you using?

2 Likes

This one

Got it at JB Hifi earlier this year on special at $174.

One of the appeals is the rotary tuning dial, much better than buttons for manual tuning.

5 Likes

That’s the one I have. The sound on mine is rather flat, but it’s good.

3 Likes

I always use headphones, with a decent pair it sounds pretty good.

Would be nice if it had a bass/treble adjustment though.

3 Likes