Digital Radio

How absurd! The ratings for ABC Kids and Kinderling are already miniscule. Why waste space on a multiplex dividing that audience further? Must give someone at SCA something to do.

2 Likes

Little Fox could be more like Nick Music where it’s Top 40 tracks that are more child friendly. As opposed to kids nursery rhymes on other stations.

2 Likes

Probably so people don’t call it Little (S)hit.

7 Likes

…or “Little 2Day” which would probably be the brand (going by what other SCA Hit Network stations are badged as in Sydney) if launched up here! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Well Bandwidth’s the Trouble.

1 Like

Someone had previously posted links to 128kbps streams of the SCA digital stations. I can’t seem to find the link anymore - does anyone know the URL? I think it was a link to an Icecast or Shoutcast directory.

1 Like

what about Little Hit? :wink:

Think about it…

3 Likes

A sequel to The Slap?

2 Likes

They do the same with Country, especially in Perth with 3 country stations (ABC, MMM and KIX). None rate well, yet Perth has no hard rock station or dance stations AT ALL.

Digital Radio would be so much more appealing if everyone didn’t copy everyone else’s format.

7 Likes

Try http://legacy.scahw.com.au/CALLSIGN_128

http://legacy.scahw.com.au/3fox_128 for FOX FM Melbourne for example.

The DAB only stations have made up ones like 6oldskool. The easiest way I find to find them is to use the Network tab in your browser’s dev tools and look for requests matching the pattern.

8 Likes

Thanks for that, Dingus. Much appreciated.

1 Like

Yeah I have to agree. Country music just doesn’t rate in this country so I’m not sure why so many try it on DAB.

3 Likes

I think ABC Kids Listen rates higher on its respective mobile app.

1 Like

I always listen to Triple country. Love it. I also respect its not everybody’s cup of tea.

4 Likes

If i was to do a kids station i’d do something similar to radio disney and aim it at the tween market. Kinderling and ABC kids both target the under 6’s and there is nothing after that for kids.

5 Likes

Also see here for a good video explaining it. I’ve also posted the URLs at the time for all Melbourne stations in that thread. Although doesn’t include the new 3MP and the ARN stations (KIIS and Gold) no longer work.

2 Likes

New Brisbane line up

Slide show

4 Likes

No Sign of Little Fox, the Melbourne only Kids Station.

3 Likes

Not sure about other markets, but here in Sydney the names of the DAB+ only Hit stations are now “HIT Buddha/Dance/Easy/Old Skool/Urban” again.

2 Likes

Yup, same in Melbourne except for Little Fox. One single feed for each station I guess!

2 Likes