Digital Radio

If you want to hear more Australian country, you could stream Kix Country (available on DAB+ in Canberra, Perth and Darwin, they have way fewer commercials than TripleM Country) or ABC Country (on DAB+ in all capitals).

2 Likes

Crocmediaā€™s Super Bowl coverage will also air on Macquarieā€™s NTS digital station in Sydney, Brisbane and Perth.

Bit of a blow for de-facto commercial station SportFM, which has taken SEN and Crocmedia content in the past. Surprised this isnā€™t airing on Macquarie Sports Radio though.

3 Likes

Itā€™s because MSR is broadcasting the second cricket test between Australia and Sri Lanka, at the same time as Super Bowl.

2 Likes

Some of the regular readers of this forum may recall the 2nd display issue I had with my Bush BR320DABC digital radio with a switch-on of the radio at the power point causing the display just to show only WHITE light across the whole screen & despite leaving the radio unplugged for minutes, hours & a day or so - nothing worked at restoring the display.

Well I recently had the radio unplugged from the mains for over a week & to my very welcome surprise the display restored itself! I wonder if there is a large internal memory supercap that is involved that takes ages to discharge before a power up reset can take effect or if a self healing fuse is involved? I know not.

Anyway I make this post in case others with this same radio encounter the same problem & benefit from my experience.

5 Likes

Another Zig Sydney updateā€¦

89.9 Light FM Melbourne playing for the last week(with pretty bad audio quality)ā€¦

And still running Joy FM program infoā€¦

2 Likes

Yes, whatā€™s the point when Hope 103.2 is virtually a Sydney equivalent to Light FM?

At least JOY was something that wasnā€™t catered for in Sydney.

1 Like

I canā€™t fathom the reason for Zed/Zig Digital. Is it a practical joke to remind Sydneysiders of Melbourneā€™s cultural superiority? With the Mardi Gras coming up, I daresay the feed will switch to Joy 949 in the near future.

If the person(s) behind Zig happen to be reading this- could you please put on 3PBS next?

4 Likes

Everyone excited - err excremented - to hear MMM Aussie tomorrow? :blush:

Yeah Iā€™ll get the barbie and the southern cross face paint ready :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Zed/Zig might be jointly run by the Melbourne community broadcasters in a subtle attempt to get Sydneysiders visiting the Victorian capital? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This probably wonā€™t ever happen but Iā€™d personally like to see the temporary broadcasts on Sydney FM (most notably AFTRS/Show Radio, Voice of Islam & 2CR) allowed to use that slice of DAB+ bandwidth.

2 Likes

If I hear it then it means Iā€™ve forgotten to turn my alarm off. I hope they play Cold Chisel.

3 Likes

Bets on Chisel being first artist?

2 Likes

Whose spectrum are they using?

1 Like

If SCA has anyway Kilobytes Left, Modern Digital will stay.

They donā€™t. Itā€™s replacing Modern Digital.

Website up already: https://www.triplem.com.au/aussie

TBH, Iā€™m actually surprised that Triple M even extended Modern Digital to all metro markets. Isnā€™t a ā€œModern Rockā€ music format basically what the East Coast Triple M metro stations are running whenever theyā€™re not airing talk, sport or comedy?

Theyā€™re running a ā€œRockā€™s Greatest Hitsā€ positioned music log. Itā€™s quite classic heavy, save the occasional newer track from the likes of Gang of Youths or Greta Van Fleet (for the 900th time).

2 Likes

Iā€™ll be interested to hear what itā€™s like.

Well Iā€™ve written to Nova Entertainment about Launching an Alternative Rock Station Anyway Since theyā€™ve got so many Kilobytes to Fit Two More Digital Stations.

2 Likes

They do? Isnā€™t their full spectrum used with Nova, smooth and Coles (with Koffee in some markets)?

1 Like