Digital Radio

I agree, I thought I was there only fan. It’s a great station, I have started listening to it everywhere and steaming it if I’m outside a DAB area. Would be great if they put on some live announcers.

1 Like

Welcome @John_Harris. Thanks for joining us here.

I agree with you. Country as you know has many sub? genres within its genre. It seems they’re targeting the
“bro country” fad that is currently big and getting crossover to general hit radio.

1 Like

Hey just a random question does anyone have any video of triple m classic rock digitals 2013 put to air launch or there programed to put air kiss pop up DAB+ radio music log station be fascinated to know if so.

1 Like

Sorry i was meant to say audio oops

If you want to hear more Australian country, you could stream Kix Country (available on DAB+ in Canberra, Perth and Darwin, they have way fewer commercials than TripleM Country) or ABC Country (on DAB+ in all capitals).

2 Likes

Crocmedia’s Super Bowl coverage will also air on Macquarie’s NTS digital station in Sydney, Brisbane and Perth.

Bit of a blow for de-facto commercial station SportFM, which has taken SEN and Crocmedia content in the past. Surprised this isn’t airing on Macquarie Sports Radio though.

3 Likes

It’s because MSR is broadcasting the second cricket test between Australia and Sri Lanka, at the same time as Super Bowl.

2 Likes

Some of the regular readers of this forum may recall the 2nd display issue I had with my Bush BR320DABC digital radio with a switch-on of the radio at the power point causing the display just to show only WHITE light across the whole screen & despite leaving the radio unplugged for minutes, hours & a day or so - nothing worked at restoring the display.

Well I recently had the radio unplugged from the mains for over a week & to my very welcome surprise the display restored itself! I wonder if there is a large internal memory supercap that is involved that takes ages to discharge before a power up reset can take effect or if a self healing fuse is involved? I know not.

Anyway I make this post in case others with this same radio encounter the same problem & benefit from my experience.

5 Likes

Another Zig Sydney update…

89.9 Light FM Melbourne playing for the last week(with pretty bad audio quality)…

And still running Joy FM program info…

2 Likes

Yes, what’s the point when Hope 103.2 is virtually a Sydney equivalent to Light FM?

At least JOY was something that wasn’t catered for in Sydney.

1 Like

I can’t fathom the reason for Zed/Zig Digital. Is it a practical joke to remind Sydneysiders of Melbourne’s cultural superiority? With the Mardi Gras coming up, I daresay the feed will switch to Joy 949 in the near future.

If the person(s) behind Zig happen to be reading this- could you please put on 3PBS next?

4 Likes

Everyone excited - err excremented - to hear MMM Aussie tomorrow? :blush:

Yeah I’ll get the barbie and the southern cross face paint ready :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Zed/Zig might be jointly run by the Melbourne community broadcasters in a subtle attempt to get Sydneysiders visiting the Victorian capital? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

This probably won’t ever happen but I’d personally like to see the temporary broadcasts on Sydney FM (most notably AFTRS/Show Radio, Voice of Islam & 2CR) allowed to use that slice of DAB+ bandwidth.

2 Likes

If I hear it then it means I’ve forgotten to turn my alarm off. I hope they play Cold Chisel.

3 Likes

Bets on Chisel being first artist?

2 Likes

Whose spectrum are they using?

1 Like

If SCA has anyway Kilobytes Left, Modern Digital will stay.

They don’t. It’s replacing Modern Digital.

Website up already: https://www.triplem.com.au/aussie

TBH, I’m actually surprised that Triple M even extended Modern Digital to all metro markets. Isn’t a “Modern Rock” music format basically what the East Coast Triple M metro stations are running whenever they’re not airing talk, sport or comedy?