Digital Radio - Content

Also broadcasting on the Gold Coast

6 Likes

Gripping content :face_with_spiral_eyes:

5 Likes

It’s amazing how backward thinking many in this thread are with the content choices of DAB/streaming stations.

24/7 trivia seems like a good idea to me in 2023 where traditional radio is dying.

Better than another “decades” station.

2 Likes

It’s a nice change from just automated music like most of the DAB+ only stations are.

4 Likes

I agree its better then a decades station, but its not really innovative or long lasting.

There are many other choices on iHeartRadio that would do better and have more listeners in the long run, like: iHeartRadio Dance or KIX Country

Or creating local Aussie versions of: The Feel or Freeform Radio

5 Likes

After a good long listen to the first few weeks of Disrupt, I’ll definitely say that SEN have hit a niche and deserve to be congratulated.

The breakfast show borders on filling the gap between the ABC and Nine, with a smattering of modern music, and decent, somewhat thought provoking, yet reasonable topics.

Whilst throughout the day it’s somewhat business heavy, it seems to be more of a “Progressive Gen-X/Y talk” oriented station, and one that should definitely be considered as a format for AM/FM.

Sadly, they only seem to have programming Mon-Fri 7a-6p, with repeats ad nauseum the rest of the time.
This, and the fact that some of the shows feel more like podcasts than actual content, does let it down.

Either way, hats off to SEN, it’s definitely worth a listen, if that’s your thing.

4 Likes

I didn’t know SEN owned Disrupt Radio?

3 Likes

SEN just leases the airtime afaik.

I flipped it on to listen a few weeks back when I noticed it was finally airing actual content, but was put off by awful audio in the section I tuned in to - sounded like a recording of a zoom call.

5 Likes

How would you feel if Disrupt Radio was on 1116 in Melbourne, replacing 3AK

3 Likes

3AK? Why would they replace SEN with Disrupt?..

5 Likes

I thought that SEN was not rating well on analogue

2 Likes

I don’t think SEN is ready to upend its entire business model just yet to accommodate a niche startup

6 Likes

No of course not but had they kept 3MP it might have been an option in talk radio mad Melbourne. It might have taken some points off 3AW.

2 Likes

Cos that totally worked with MTR.

5 Likes

Christmas Hope in Brisbane has been fixed, now broadcasting as normal.

4 Likes

Now you’ll need to head to Melbourne to enjoy Christmas in silence,

(just a still image, but that is how it sounds as well)

5 Likes

A tad far from brissie, but would most likely be worth it. Was enjoying some DAB dead air. Suprised it still has the temporary turn off date (8 January 2023).

4 Likes

Is it? Beyond 3AW and ABC, no talk station has ever been viable.
That crown surely goes to Sydney who had 4 talk station until a few years ago (2GB, 2UE, 2SM and ABC).

1 Like

Now 2UE plays Oldies Music 24/7 while 2SM is an Independent

2 Likes

The way 3AW rates my point was there’s probably room for a second commercial talk station - in theory at least.

3 Likes