Digital Radio - Content

George McEncroe is the latest personality to join Disrupt Radio, which will launch next Monday, June 26. She will present a morning show Moolah on 9-11am weekdays.

Sir Bob Geldof will be in Melbourne to co-host the first week of Disrupt Radio’s Enterprise Breakfast with Libby Gorr next week. Veteran George Donikian will present news updates every 30 minutes during the show.

UPDATED

3 Likes
3 Likes

Christmas Hope is still broadcasting on Brisbane DAB+ multiplex, albiet dead air strangely ,the RDS is working fine, with the following displaying on my radio:

“www.96five.com.au”

“Thanks to the Voice of the Martyrs www.vom.com.au”

“Christmas Hope - Your soundtrack to Christmas”

“Now playing Online, Mobile App, Dab+ radio”

It even displayed a song title, indicating that it is still an active station (possibly still streaming online, but not DAB?)

Also, I just noticed a while a new station while scanning callled “Switch Brisbane”. From my research, it calls itself “Brisbane’s Youth Radio Station” also broadcasting on 1197AM.

6 Likes

Switch Brisbane has been around for years.

7 Likes

Yeah the old crew took it over after me and a few other remembers left the station and changed it back to Switch 1197

6 Likes

Switch playing some great music too.

What happened to Brisbane Youth Radio? When did Switch Digital get taken down?

1 Like

According to wikipedia (has a citation with it), Brisbane Youth Radio closed in 2019 rebranding to Switch 1197AM, but the article hasn’t been updated in a year.

5 Likes

Christmas Hope streams online all year round, unsure why it wouldn’t be on DAB+ as well?

5 Likes

Must be an issue on their behalf? (IIRC it has been dead air since late January) but song titles still appear correctly, as if it is being updated.

4 Likes

Light Christmas in Melbourne is also still on the air, also broadcasting dead air. The scrolling message includes a current temperature and weather forecast.

4 Likes

They only broadcast in December

3 Likes

The new station launches today, and is broadcasting on DAB+ in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane & the Gold Coast.

6 Likes

Brisbane

5 Likes

Such an odd station to have been chosen for DAB+ when there are better stations on iHeartRadio for content and variety.

6 Likes

Sounds interesting! I like trivia, will definitely have a listen.

But can imagine it will get repetitive, keeping that kind of content fresh would be a challenge.

3 Likes

Yeah it is really odd. I don’t mind trivia but what about a mainstream or active rock station for a start.

5 Likes

I don’t understand why they haven’t tried a format similar to Power 100 on digital.

4 Likes

Yeah I don’t get it either.

4 Likes

The more baffling thing to me - iHeartAustralia is doing massive numbers on DAB in Sydney, yet Melbourne gets this ahead of it.

3 Likes

I gave the new iHeart Trivia station a listen, and the format is basically this:

• They talk about an artist

• They ask a question about the artist

• They play a song by said artist

• They then answer the question

They also play normal music without trivia. There is no DAB slider image, and the info text just displays ‘iHeart Trivia’
(Although the PTY is ‘Children’s’, strangely)

5 Likes