Digital Radio - Content

:rofl:

2 Likes

I can see that in Brisbane and on the Gold Coast as well.

1 Like

I suppose that’s a relatively smart usage of it - better than Australia Today just looping the one show. Depends how well they schedule the programming, having a daily news podcast play at 6 or 7am each day would be a good use of the station, but if it’s just on shuffle and avoids playing their bigger shows, then it’d be fairly pointless.

2 Likes

NTS-FM?

3 Likes

One of the odd things with SCA in Melbourne is they are still 1 station short, Santa Radio ended, and Buddha Radio is gone, but only one has been replaced with that Listnr Radio station. It’s rare that it happens for this long - usually they’d bump up the Fox/Triple M bitrates to 56 if they were not using it for a while.

Actual text data would be handy - tell you what the podcast actually is while listening, so you could find it. Not sure how they expect to convert people to using the app and subscribing to the podcasts directly. Podcasts never just id themselves mid show.

Also odd, last year we got an actual AO Radio station on DAB - right now SEN Fan is breaking away from 1116, but for NBL. According to their Live Sport Guide there’s AO Radio on the SEN App, so they are still producing it.

The guide also references programming on SEN Sydney on Melbourne DAB+ - which was replaced with Dream Radio last month
SEN_LiveSportGuide.pdf (181.8 KB)

4 Likes

Isn’t Blendr Beats a replacement of Buedha?

VA Iris Radio is carrying the Australian Open on DAB+ in Melbourne.

2 Likes

Is that the SEN feed though? Would be very strange - not sure what the regulations are like on community DAB stations in terms of sponsor content.

Nah, Blender was added in and coexisted for a while. Melbourne lost “JAZZ” as well from SCA, but that’s not exactly missed.

2 Likes

No, it’s the AO Radio feed.

3 Likes

I’ve been listening to the new LiSTNR podcast channel on DAB in Sydney, and to be honest I’m impressed.

Im really enjoying listening to the discussion on population and economics. Very interesting discussion and highly informative.

2 Likes

VA Iris Radio on DAB+ in Melbourne and AO Radio on the SEN app are both carrying the same AO Radio that’s on the Australian Open temporary station on 99.7 FM in Melbourne.

2 Likes

Apologies if this isn’t the right thread, couldn’t find a Double J one.

Could anyone explain why Double J as broadcast on DTV Channel 200 seems to run on NSW daylight saving time in Brisbane, while Double J broadcast on DAB+ is delayed an hour?

I had been listening to the Hottest 100 of 2002 today (it more fits my demographic than the current one did yesterday), but I missed the first hour expecting it to start at 10am (local). Then when I switched from the TV to a radio to keep listening, I realised I was hearing the same stuff from an hour before?

Wouldn’t it just be easier to have one live feed across the nation (all shows could be advertised at starting at XX:am AEDT)? Or at least all transmissions broadcasting that service on the same timezone? It’s frustrating that it’s not.

5 Likes

iHeartCountry has popped up in Sydney on 32kbps

6 Likes

ARN would be better off having Kix Country on DAB+ instead, they have live announcers from 6am-6pm and they play a lot of Australian country music.

9 Likes

Agreed

6 Likes

Agree, the only reasons why I think they haven’t are because it’s a legacy Grants station and thus doesn’t (yet) have iHeart branding.

Perhaps in due course they’ll rebrand KIX Country to iHeart Country and then put that on DAB+ with live announcers as it is now.

3 Likes

It is on DAB on the Gold Coast.

5 Likes

Likely cause of Hot Tomato when it was owned by Grants

3 Likes

It has always been on DAB in Perth Metro and Mandurah “Regional” as separate streams. I thought it belonged to Grant/Capital? Just shows how long we have this station in Perth Metro DAB (since inception I suspect).

2 Likes

On the 6iX allocation via Capital. Not sure what the arrangement with West Coast Radio is exactly re: brand licensing but they do have a separate website:

4 Likes

Yeah I like the “South West of Western Australia” can be heard all the way down to the north of Bunbury (on a good day), before the south west truly starts. At least SEN correctly call themselves “SEN Peel” rather than “SEN South West”.

3 Likes