Digital Radio - Content

The format change a few years back which made it nothing like what they used to be was disappointing though, it’s basically not the same station, the smoother easy AC format seemed to suit the ‘my city’ branding.

I suppose though if an FM station can totally change formats and keep the name, so can those, but it doesn’t ‘feel’ like a continuation.

The Dab List site (it doesn’t like deep links through, so I’ve included a screenshot) suggests yes, though the mention of CADA but lack of bitrate info might mean it’s out of date.

Darwin does seem like a good city for DAB given everything’s supposedly at 96kbps, even the community stations. Can’t find any info on the “F N D R” station

4 Likes

Popped into my head that this might be ‘First Nations Digital Radio’ and be a simulcast/dab station of First Nations Radio, or Radio Larrakia as it used to be known.

6 Likes

Strange watching Gold Coast News tonight seeing ad for Smooth FM Brisbane.

6 Likes

Thought Buddha was a station that’s usually untouched amidst the constant shuffling of DAB+ formats. At least it managed to last for 10 years on DAB+, which is somewhat of a miracle.

Now that Buddha has moved from Hit DAB+ to Listnr online, it’s going to have to find ways to differentiate from Stress Free, another Chillout station on Listnr.

3 Likes

IMO they should relaunch Koffee as smooth Chill.

5 Likes

I’d prefer Nova Noughties or Nova Throwbacks in Syd/ Mel.

2 Likes

No sign of 4IP tribute station this year.

Various SEN stations on Brisbane 2; all 32 knit/s. 693SENQ is also on Brisbane 1

imageimage
imageimage

4 Likes

That’s the first time I’ve seen that variation of the SEN VIC / 1116SEN logo.

I suppose it’s silly promoting any other 1116AM frequency in Brisbane.

3 Likes

Here in Melbourne, SEN Sydney is playing that Dream Radio music. Is SEN Vic in Brisbane doing the same?

1 Like

No - all the channels seem to be the same.

2 Likes

Easy 80’s in Brisbane is broken and has been for at least a week. Earlier it was playing songs fast, stopping for a few seconds and going again.
Now the speed seems ok but the song stops every 10-15 seconds. Annoying and unlistenable.
How’s this allowed to continue like this?

5 Likes

The Gold Coast version of Easy 80s seems unaffected.

2 Likes

What music? It is very very soft and just a bit of background noise. I can see some people leaving Dream radio on all night to help them sleep but no music during the day.

2 Likes

I don’t mind Dream Radio, it’s good background noise when working, I wonder if it’s from SEN or they are leasing the space.

2 Likes

I know. I’ve noticed it for a few days now. It is unlistenable.

2 Likes

SEN’s 9B decoder has been on since at least Monday evening. Typical waste of spectrum to have main SEN program broadcast on 9A via ARN’s decoder and again on 9B.

Didn’t notice Easy 80’s Bris a problem then. Did notice ID/pointers customised on SCA digital stations from GC.

1 Like

It’s been used on their app for a while when it’s set to outside of Victoria - it’s the version of 1116 that has portions of gambling content blanked out, as a lot of it isn’t legal on a non-racing station elsewhere.

3 Likes

With Christmas over, it looks like ARN has replaced Elf Radio with IHeart Australia on DAB+ in Melbourne

4 Likes

So Elf radio goes from October 1st - December 28th?

2 Likes

I wonder if that’ll just be for January?

Nice that they don’t seem to be doing the usual ‘Aussie Rock’ station that you usually get from most Australian music themed stations, like the old ‘Aussie Digital’ or Triple M’s attempts.

2 Likes