Digital Radio - Content

Buddha also gone from Sydney.

Meanwhile Dream radio has appeared.

1 Like

Dream Radio and Disrupt Radio both available of is it just Dream in the place of Disrupt?

2 Likes

Dream radio has replaced Disrupt but there is no sound

2 Likes

Could SCA be gearing up for a Triple M Perth DAB+ music format for other markets?

1 Like

I’m guessing any replacement for Buddha will be aligned with the Hit Network, or it could be a new LiSTNR station.

With Triple M in the 4s in Syd and Mel, you would think a Triple M Perth format might be good for these markets on FM.

3 Likes

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Blow up the whole “pure old school rock” and add a bit of funk/edginess to the Triple M brand.

Even the Triple M Perth imaging is much better than the eastern states.

Adelaide & Brisbane aren’t too bad - but Syd & Melb could do with a music overhaul.

4 Likes

Yes I’m a big fan of the deep Male VO for the Top Of The Hour.

1 Like

Triple M are on a winner with MMM 2000s. The playlist is fantastic and is playing a lot of indie rock that Nova used to play

4 Likes

Ticks off the token terrestrial service to make the reduced royalties on the web stream. Note similar to the “Triple M” being dropped from Hard n Heavy that it’s just ‘Buddha’.

No replacement in Melbourne for it, just unallocated bits, so I would assume something new is coming soon.

While I don’t see it happening, I still think the best move would be nationally for SCA to split the ‘Hit’ and ‘Today’ networks - adding a Hit music ‘Hit’ station to Perth and Sydney DAB (perhaps sharing the Mike E and Emma breakfast from RnB Fridays), and adding a 2Day formatted station into the other cities. Then they can fully separate their shows - not needing to shoehorn network content that doesn’t fit onto 2Day.

5 Likes

Welcome to the dumping ground that is DAB in Hobart…

2 Likes

Buddha on digital did have text and regular promos that it would be moving to Listnr from a date in December and be ad free there, a valueless product for a commercial operator really.

1 Like

I like Buddha and pleased to hear that it’s going ad free online, as they are jarring on a chill format. Will hopefully continue to get some music programming love and not just become frozen in time and left to decay.

4 Likes

With Buddha going from DAB what’s the oldest DAB only stations still going?

2 Likes

The 80s and 90s, launched in 2011 as chemist warehouse 80s. Also ABC and SBS DAB stations have been around even longer.

2 Likes

Gorilla Super Digi would have to be up there as one of the older stations - especially considering Edge Digital is no longer around.

5 Likes

Here in Perth I remember ‘My Perth Digital’ pretty much since the start, only its format changed from Smooth (original flavor) to Nova (new flavor), when X Digital was canned. My Perth Digital, together with 6iX, Smooth and Nova are the only commercial stations with as high a bitrate as 48 kbps.

P.S. My Perth Digital, yup since 2009!

7 Likes

Is My Perth Digital still around? Are any of the My _____ Digital stations still on-air?

2 Likes

My Perth Digital is still on air and so is My Canberra Digital but X Digital Perth is gone.

Does anyone know if “Classic Rock Digital” owned by Grant Broadcasters in Darwin, is still on air?

It would be a good station to be on iHeartRadio but besides a listing on the Digital Radio Plus website, it has no other web presents.

6 Likes

Wow. Shocking websites (maybe StarterFM can help out there :wink: )

Do they get any mentions on 2CA/2CC? I would be throwing it out there - especially in Canberra, given the lack of choice from Mix & Hit.

4 Likes