Digital Radio - Content

There’s a “DREAM Radio” in Melbourne now - is seemingly just ambient noise - like some soothing ocean sounds

Not sure exactly where the bits come from or who is operating it, it’s between Niche Radio and Niche Radio 2 in the multiplex - which is in theory in 3MP/SEN’s allocation. I’d need to cross check an older scan to work it out.

5 Likes

Not bad, I can get on board with an ambient station, it has a few IDs playing saying this is Dream.

Not much comes up for Disrupt Radio online except for one report on Creditor Watch DISRUPT RADIO PTY LTD - ABN 93631872716 - ACN 631872716 - Business Profile / Credit Report

Edit:
An ID just played saying, “Dare to Discover, Dare to Dream, Dare to Disrupt” I would say this new Dream Radio and Disrupt Radio are linked, and maybe are 24/7 ambient stations…

4 Likes

Oh, SEN Sydney is gone from Melbourne. Those are the bits.

8 Likes

Let’s face it, what success would a station rating less than 1% in Sydney have in Melbourne on DAB+.

Finally. Makes sense.

4 Likes

It’d make sense if they used SEN FAN to its potential - fill it with the actual content from the interstate feeds - you could have content from the SA/WA/QLD/Sydney stations, not just a permanent Sydney feed and nothing else.

Very strange station - I have to assume this is just stunting to launch something else in the spot. Puts up a good fight compared to TAB Lounge though.

7 Likes

I think the decision to close for SEN to close the music stations (2ch/4kq) on DAB+ was a bad decision for them and it looks like it going to backfire on them

5 Likes

Wowser. If SEN had shifted 4KQ to a 24hr automated DAB+ music station with Brent James selecting the music, it would’ve still done better than SENQ 693AM.

7 Likes

SEN Melb, SEN Coast and SEN Track are all still on air in Sydney, so but rates must be reduced to squeeze in Disrupt.

How will SEN broadcast A-League and NRL matches from Sydney next year when the AFL is on the main station (1116 AM)?

2 Likes

SEN Fanatic you’d presume.

5 Likes

Just tuned in to Dream on my old Kaiser baas radio, display IDs as Dream Radio, then changes ID to SEN Sydney, and also says DAB Melbourne 1

4 Likes

Yes the same thing happens on my Sony DAB+ radio, it displays SEN SYDNEY every 8-9 seconds rather than DREAM Radio. And the funny thing is that if I time it right and tune up from SEN Fan or down from SEN Track, DREAM Radio appears in between.

4 Likes

Not sure if mentioned but Disrupt Radio’s bitrate is all of 16Kbps, if it was anything but drone sounds I would be shocked and appalled.

2 Likes

“Niche 2” has stopped relaying Radio Rhythm and now relays Rete Italia Next (Hit Music Radio) in glorious mono 16Kbps :nauseated_face:

I am now shocked and appalled.

4 Likes

I’m guessing it’s well known that FUN Classic Hits’ audio randomly drops during songs?

4 Likes

It shouldn’t normally, it’s been awhile since I listened to it for an extended period of time, what about Gorilla & 2SM are they doing the same?

2 Likes

Noticed some retail places tuned to DAB today - inclduing Smooth and Easy 80s.

As seen on The Flatshare.

6 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Random Radio

Buddha Hits is gone from Melbourne DAB+. This must be one of the longest running DAB+ non AM-FM stations in Melbourne.

4 Likes

Also missing in Brisbane but strangely Buddha has been added to the Gold Coast.

4 Likes